Candidate Help Center
Or try these: status, invite, adverse action
How do I check the status of my background check?Read More
A background check is being conducted on me by a company I applied with. How can I check the status of my report?
To check the status of your background check, log into the Candidate Portal using the information you provided the company with during your application process. Once you’ve logged in, you’ll be able to see the status of your report as well as any actions you need to take.
For more information about report status, check out these articles from the Help Center:
My background report is complete. What happens next?Read More
Once your background check report is complete, the company that ordered your background check has access to review your report. Since the results of screenings are available to companies upon the completion of the screening, Checkr does not send copies of reports to companies that have ordered reports.
Please remember: Checkr is a consumer reporting agency. We provide background check reports for companies that request them. We do not review reports, make employment or engagement decisions, or determine company requirements regarding employment or engagement. The company you applied with will make its own determination based on its own requirements and review of your report.
|Once your report is complete, please reach out to the company you applied with for updates. Our support team is not informed about hiring timelines and will not know how long the company you applied with will take to get back to you.|
How do I submit a document to Checkr?Read More
You can submit a document to Checkr in one of the following ways:
- Submit information through the Candidate Portal. Visit the Candidate Portal and log in with the information you submitted for your background check. Check out our FAQ: I can’t log into the Candidate Portal if you’re having trouble logging in.
- Submit information through email. If we requested additional information from you, we will send you a link in an email to upload documents. Search your email inbox and spam folder for the keyword Checkr. The upload link will look like the image below. It works best in Chrome, Safari, or Firefox browsers. Please make sure the photo you upload is as clear as possible!
- Submit information by submitting a request ticket. If you cannot access the Candidate Portal or submit information through the link we sent you, please submit a request ticket here with the description and attachment.
Something on my background check report is wrong. What should I do?Read More
If your background check report includes information that you believe is inaccurate, please log into the Candidate Portal and file a dispute by clicking "Report an error" at the bottom of the page. You can upload any supporting documents as well.
If you do not see the "Report an error" button as an option and there is something you would like to dispute, follow one of methods below:
- Contact Checkr Support
- Upload any supporting documents
- Mail your dispute with any supporting documents to:
Checkr will review and verify the contested information during a reinvestigation.
If the information on your report is correct and you would like to provide more context or evidence of rehabilitation, please contact the company you applied with.
Learn what a background check is, what you will be expected to provide, and what information may appear on your background check report.
My background check
Browse frequently asked questions about your background report such as report status, updating information, uploading documents, and more.
Background check basics
Learn background check basics such as what is included in a background check, why your Social Security Number is needed, and how to run a background check on yourself.
Dispute my report
Learn how to report an error when your background check report includes information that you believe is inaccurate.
Contact Candidate Support
Didn’t find an answer to your question? Learn how to contact the Candidate Experience team for additional help.