Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / WorkLLama integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to WorkLLama, please fill out a support request for additional assistance.
WorkLLama / Checkr User Guide3
WorkLLama / Checkr User Guide
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within WorkLLama, such that WorkLLama users can initiate and view Checkr background checks from within the WorkLLama interface.
The following items are required to initiate WorkLLama / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to WorkLLama Admin Portal with Admin Rights
- Admin privileges to your Checkr account or Business contact and payment information if you are setting up a new account
Connecting your Checkr account with WorkLlama
- Log into WorkLLama Admin Portal and navigate to the ‘Marketplace’ link in the side navigation bar.
- Search for Checkr or locate the Checkr card, and click ‘Connect’.
- In the right sidebar, click ‘Connect’.
- In the ‘Welcome to Checkr’ screen, if you are connecting to a current Checkr account, select ‘Sign In’ and follow the instructions. If you are new to Checkr, follow the instructions to create a new account.
- If your Checkr account was created recently, Checkr will validate credentials to establish your account as ‘Authorized’ to run background checks. If your account isn’t Authorized yet, your connection status will be ‘Awaiting Authorization’.
- Checkr will notify you when your account is authorized (may take up to 3 business days). Click ‘Refresh’ to refresh your connection when you are notified.
- If your account was authorized, your connection is successfully established as indicated by the status ‘Connected’. The different background packages available in your Checkr account will be listed here.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with WorkLLama.
To create an account for use with WorkLLama:
- Click Sign Up when prompted.
- Enter your name and company contact information, and click Continue.
- Enter payment information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, and not from WorkLLama. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Provide the requested credentialing information. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks.
- Note: Select Purpose: Pre-employment to use Checkr to run background checks for hiring/employment purposes.
- Click Continue to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both WorkLLama and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the WorkLLama platform.
- Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Order Background Checks
- When you are ready to order a background check for an applicant for a job, click on the ‘More Options’ button on the application card.
- The application card will display the different actions available.
- Click the ‘Background Check’ option to order a new background check.
- Complete the form as prompted.
- The Background Check option is only available if the ‘Requires Background Check’ option is selected for the job
- You can’t trigger a background check for a candidate if there is not a job application associated.
- The Location is automatically prefilled from the location of the job
- If your organization has Nodes / Hierarchy setup in Checkr, they will be available here for you to select. This option is disabled if No Nodes are defined
- If Nodes / Hierarchy is defined, only associated packages are displayed.
Monitoring Background Checks
- Once a background is ordered successfully, switching to the ‘BG Check’ tab shows the status of the background check.
- When the candidate / applicant has submitted the required information to generate a report, a link to the Background Check report in Checkr is available, as well as the report status and the report complete ETA. Note that a login to your Checkr portal is required to view the report.
Once Complete, click on it to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard and review the details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the WorkLLama integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Create customizable packages and add-ons
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.