Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / WorkLLama integration process and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
- Before starting
- Create a Checkr Account
- Order Background Checks
- Review a Background Check
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
The following items are required to initiate WorkLLama / Checkr integration.
- Admin access to Checkr and Workllama
Create a Checkr Account
- Log into WorkLLama Admin Portal and select Marketplace.
- Search for Checkr or locate the Checkr card, and select Connect.
- In the right sidebar, select Connect.
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integrating with Workllama.To create an account for use with Workllama:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Workllama.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from Workllama. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Select Finish Sign Up, which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Workllama and you to begin ordering background checks through the Workllama platform.
- If your Checkr account was created recently, Checkr will validate credentials to establish your account as Authorized to run background checks. If your account isn’t Authorized yet, your connection status will be Awaiting Authorization.
- Select Refresh to refresh your connection when you are notified.
- If your account was authorized, your connection is successfully established, as indicated by the status Connected. The different background packages available in your Checkr account will be listed.
Order Background Checks
- When you are ready to order a background check for an applicant for a job, select More Options on the application card.
- The application card will display the different actions available.
- Select the Background Check option to order a new background check.
Complete the form as prompted.
The Background Check option is only available if the Requires Background Check option is selected for the job.
- Job applications are required to order a background check.
- The Location is automatically prefilled from the location of the job.
- If your organization has Account Hierarchy, they will be available here for you to select. This option is disabled if No Nodes are defined.
- If Nodes / Hierarchy is defined, only associated packages are displayed.
Review a Background Check
- Once a background is ordered successfully, switching to the Background Check tab shows the status of the background check.
- When the candidate / applicant has submitted the required information to generate a report, a link to the Background Check report in Checkr is available, as well as the report status and the report complete ETA. Note that a login to your Checkr portal is required to view the report.
- Once the background check is complete, select the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the WorkLLama integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr: