Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / GoCo integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
For Checkr / background screening questions, reach out to Checkr here!
- Add Checkr to GoCo
- Connecting Checkr
- Create a Checkr account
- Order Background Checks
- How to Order a Background Check
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
The following items are required to initiate GoCo / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to GoCo, with admin rights
Add Checkr to GoCo
GoCo allows you to manage integrations within their platform. Start here to get started with Checkr!
Select Checkr from the integrations menu to be taken into the setup process. Clicking Setup will pop up an additional screen that will allow you to Connect to Checkr (see below)
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with GoCo.
To create an account for use with GoCo:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to GoCo.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from GoCo. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Select Finish Sign Up which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both GoCo and you to begin ordering background checks through the GoCo platform.
Order Background Checks
Once the Checkr Integration is enabled for your GoCo Account, you can initiate background checks for your new hires from within GoCo!
You will now see a Background Check option under Other Workflows in your workflows templates.
- If you need help figuring out how to start a workflow from another workflow, check out this article to see how to add the background check workflow into your hiring workflow.
Once the task is created, drag it up to the top of the workflow, above the Hiring section.
Under Assignees, set the task to be completed by the workflow starter.
Pro Tip: when you click select, start typing “workflow” (rather than scroll through the full list)
❗Don’t forget to review and publish to save these changes!
How to Order a Background Check
Once you have the background check workflow attached to your hiring workflow, every time you add a new team member, the first step will be to kick off the background check.
- From the team page, click +Add Person and fill out your new hire's name and email address. Note: if you have multiple hiring workflows, make sure you have selected the one that includes the background check task.
- Click start on the background check task.
- Select from the dropdown the state your new hire will be working in as well as the type of background check you would like to run for this person.
Your employee will immediately receive an email prompting them to submit their information on the Checkr site. They will have 7 days to do so before the link expires (bonus: they will receive a daily reminder email).
In the meantime, you can continue on your hiring and onboarding process. GoCo will send you a notification when the report is complete with the status of the screening and a link to view it on Checkr.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the GoCo integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Create customizable packages and add-ons
- New and existing user management
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.