Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Comeet integration process, including how to set up your Checkr account on the Comeet platform, how to use the Checkr dashboard, and how to review background check results.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to Comeet, please fill out a support request for additional assistance.
- Enable Checkr setup
- Create a Checkr account
- Account Hierarchy
- Order Background Checks
- Adding a Checkr Assessment Step in Comeet
- Reviewing Results
- Checkr Features
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
- Checkr’s Candidate Experience
The following items are required to initiate Comeet / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to Comeet, with admin rights
Enable Checkr setup
To enable the integration, login to your Comeet dashboard. Navigate to the Settings Panel and go to the Integrations section > find Checkr under the Assessments Tools section:
Select Integrate and click on Step 1: Connect Your Checkr Account
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with Comeet.
To create an account for use with Comeet:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Comeet.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from Comeet. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Select Finish Sign Up which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Comeet and you to begin ordering background checks through the Comeet platform.
- Select Activate to connect to Checkr.
The integration allows users to set up different "nodes" inside of their Checkr account to have displayed in the background check ordering workflow. Nodes can be used to designate different locations, teams, or groups that order background checks within your organization. Checkr requires you to assign packages to nodes once they are created, and will then display which node ordered which package on your Checkr invoice.
Each time you order a background check, you will be asked which node to order the check from, and then select from a pre-populated list of packages available to that node. Invoices will show the background checks ordered by each node within 2 billing cycles after setup.
To order a background check with Account Hierarchy and nodes:
- Fill in the work location of the candidate as you normally would for any background check.
- Select which Hierarchy node you would like to order from.
The list of available Packages will automatically generate based on the node you select. Select the background check package you want to run. If you do not see any packages populating, you will need to assign the appropriate packages to that node in your Checkr dashboard before proceeding.
Order Background Checks
Adding a Checkr Assessment Step in Comeet
Once your Comeet and Checkr accounts are connected, return to the position you are hiring for and create a new workflow step by selecting “+ Add Step” in the Workflow tab
- Edit the step type to > Checkr
- Select which package you would like to run for this position. You can either select a package that you always want to run or the recruiter can select it on a candidate-by-candidate basis.
- Once a candidate reaches the Checkr stage in your hiring workflow, the workflow step should show in the recruiters workflow. You can then select the package and click Start
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the Comeet candidate dashboard. Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Once Complete, click to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. You will either see a "Pass" if nothing came up on the background check or "Review" if something did come up. If the background check returns with a “Pass” result, the workflow is automatically advanced to the next step. In both the “Review” or “Pass” scenario, There is a link to "Review in Checkr" which will take you to that specific background check report in your Checkr dashboard.
In the event of a "Review" status, we recommend going to Checkr to handle the review and adjudication so you can ensure compliance with various EEOC rules. You will see the "Pre-Adverse Action" button in Checkr if something does show up on the background check report which automates that process. After adjudicating in Checkr, reject or advance the candidate by selecting Go or No-go in Comeet
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- New and existing user management
Checkr’s Candidate Experience
The Checkr candidate experience overview describes the Checkr candidate experience of the background check process. It includes information about the Checkr Candidate Portal and Help Center where candidates can self-serve and address common issues that can stall or delay their background checks. The overview also includes common reasons candidates contact Checkr and how to address these issues.
The overview includes:
- An overview of the candidate process
- General information about the background check process, including exceptions and disputes
- An overview of the Checkr Candidate Portal
- An introduction to the Candidate Experience team
- A list of some of the most common candidate questions
- Links to the most frequently used pages in the Checkr Help Center
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr