Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Procare Online integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to Procare Online, please fill out a support request for additional assistance.
Procare Online / Checkr User Guide
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within Procare Online, such that Procare Online users can initiate and view Checkr background checks from within the Procare Online interface.
The following items are required to initiate Procare Online / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to Procare Online, with admin rights. Note: This is not currently available in legacy Procare systems.
Add Checkr to Procare Online
First, enable Checkr from within Procare Online. You must have admin access to both Checkr and Procare Online to complete this process.
Enable Checkr setup
To initiate integration by signing up for a Checkr account, or signing into an existing Checkr account, go to “School Settings” then “Integrations” in your Procare Online portal and click “Connect” next to the Checkr icon.
Clicking Connect will open a window asking you to Sign Up or Sign In.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Procare Online.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your billing and credentialing information. Note: You are not charged anything until you run your first check.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with Procare Online.
To create an account for use with Procare Online:
- Click Sign Up when prompted.
- Enter your name and company contact information, and click Continue.
- Provide the requested credentialing information. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks.
- Note: Select Purpose: Pre-employment to use Checkr to run background checks for hiring/employment purposes.
- Enter payment information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, and not from Procare Online. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Click Continue to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Procare Online and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the Procare Online platform.
- Credentialing typically takes up to 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Order Background Checks
Once your Procare Online and Checkr accounts are connected, you are ready to begin running background checks.
To start the background check process on a prospective staff member, navigate to “My School” and “Staff” in your Procare Online platform. If needed, “Add Staff” for a new potential employee to save them to your staff list.
Click into the profile of the person you need to run a background check on and select “Start Background Check” from underneath their name and profile picture.
A window will pop up asking you to confirm their name and email address on file and also ask you to select the type of package you would like to run on this candidate.
Select the package you would like to run and hit submit. This will initiate the invitation to be emailed to the candidate and allow them to begin inputting their information to kickoff the background check process.
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the Procare Online Staff candidate dashboard. Statuses will range from “Submitted to Checkr” when the invitation has been sent but the candidate has not been filled out by the candidate, to “Complete - Clear” or “Complete - Consider” once the background check has completed.
Once the report is Complete, click on Report URL to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Procare Online integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.