Welcome to Checkr!
This integration guide has all of the information you’ll need to get started with Checkr. It includes instructions for how to enable the Checkr / Procare integration, ordering background reports, and reviewing completed reports.
The following items are required to initiate Procare / Checkr integration.
- Admin access to both Checkr and Procare
Create a Checkr account
To enable the Checkr integration,
- Select School Settings and then select Integrations
Select Connect next to Checkr
If your company doesn’t have a Checkr account, one must be created before integrating with Procare.
To create an account for use with Procare:
- If you’re already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Procare.
- If you aren’t a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter your payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from Procare. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Select Finish Sign Up, which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Procare and you to begin ordering background checks through the Procare platform.
Order Background Reports
- To order a background check report, navigate to Staff Management and select Staff.
- Select Add Staff for a new potential employee to save them to your staff list.
- Select their profile to order a background check and select Run Background Check
- To start the background check, confirm their name and email address, provide their phone number, and select a background check package.
- Then select Submit.
- Once the background report is ordered, an email will be sent requesting the candidate’s information for the background check report.
Review Completed Reports
- Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the Procare Staff candidate dashboard.
- Submitted to Checkr (when the invitation has been sent but the candidate hasn’t been filled out)
- Complete - Clear
- Complete - Consider
- Once the report is complete, select Report URL to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review the details for more information on the background report and report statuses.
Answers to frequently asked questions:
- How do I manage my email notification preferences?
- How do I manage account users?
- What is the Adverse Action process?