Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / PushPay integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to PushPay, please contact PushPay directly for additional assistance.
- Add Checkr to PushPay
- Enable Checkr setup
- Create a Checkr account
- Order Background Checks
- Account Hierarchy
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
The following items are required to initiate PushPay / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Admin access to PushPay and background check rights
- Admin access to Checkr
Enable Checkr setup
To initiate integration, log into PushPay and navigate to the System Settings in the upper righthand corner. Select ‘Integrations’ and you will land on a page that gives the options of integrations available to you. It will prompt you to fill out a form to allow PushPay and Checkr to setup the integration between the platforms so that you can run background checks.
Once the integration is setup, you’ll be able to login to PushPay and run a background check from with the recruiting platform.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with PushPay.
To create an account for use with PushPay:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to PushPay.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from PushPay. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Select Finish Sign Up which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both PushPay and you to begin ordering background checks through the PushPay platform.
Order Background Checks
Once your PushPay and Checkr accounts are connected, return to a volunteer’s page, and click Actions - Order Background Check
In the window that opens, select options for the check, and click Order.
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the PushPay candidate dashboard. Once Complete, click on it to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details.
(For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
The PushPay integration allows users to set up different "nodes" inside of their Checkr account to have displayed in the PushPay background check ordering workflow. Nodes can be used to designate different locations, campuses, teams, or groups that order background checks within your church organization.
Setup for Account Hierarchy is simple; follow these directions to create your nodes and Account Hierarchy setup in your Checkr account. Once you have saved these settings, any time you order a background check inside of PushPay, you will be asked which node you would like to order from, and all packages on your account will display for ordering. Invoices will also show the background checks ordered by each node within 2 billing cycles after setup.
Checkr has an optional feature called "Account Hierarchy." Your PushPay supports this feature if you choose to enable it in Checkr. For more information on Account Hierarchy, nodes, and how to configure your account, see Checkr's Payment & Billing, Adverse Actions, and Manage Account Settings Help Articles.
Estimated Date of Completion
Checkr now offers an estimated date of completion for background checks. We will display this in the PushPay so you have a sense of when to expect a report status update.
The Estimated competition date will be displayed on the background check tab.
Read this article from Checkr for more info.
Note: If you do not see the Account Hierarchy settings in your Checkr account, please contact Checkr Customer Support to have it turned on.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- New and existing user management
Checkr’s Candidate Experience
The Checkr candidate experience overview describes the Checkr candidate experience of the background check process. It includes information about the Checkr Candidate Portal and Help Center where candidates can self-serve and address common issues that can stall or delay their background checks. The overview also includes common reasons candidates contact Checkr and how to address these issues.
The overview includes:
- An overview of the candidate process
- General information about the background check process, including exceptions and disputes
- An overview of the Checkr Candidate Portal
- An introduction to the Candidate Experience team
- A list of some of the most common candidate questions
- Links to the most frequently used pages in the Checkr Help Center
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr