Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / JazzHR integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to JazzHR, please email support@JazzHR.com for additional assistance.
- Add Checkr to JazzHR
- Enable Checkr setup
- Create a Checkr account
- Order Background Checks
- Checkr Features
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
- Checkr’s Candidate Experience
The following items are required to initiate JazzHR / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to JazzHR, with admin rights
Add Checkr to JazzHR
First, enable Checkr from within JazzHR. You must have admin access to both Checkr and JazzHR to complete this process.
Enable Checkr setup
- Click Settings.
- Click Integrations.
- Scroll down to the Checkr block.
- Click More Details.
- Click Connect
Create A Checkr Account
- To create an account for use with JazzHR:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to JazzHR.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from JazzHR. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Select Finish Sign Up which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both JazzHR and you to begin ordering background checks through the JazzHR platform.
Order Background Checks
Once your JazzHR and Checkr accounts are connected, return to a candidate’s page.
- Within the Candidate Profile, click the Assessments tab.
- Scroll to the Checkr section and click Select Package.
- Select the appropriate background check package and click Request Background Check.
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the JazzHR candidate dashboard. Once Complete, click on it to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- New and existing user management
Checkr’s Candidate Experience
The Checkr candidate experience overview describes the Checkr candidate experience of the background check process. It includes information about the Checkr Candidate Portal and Help Center where candidates can self-serve and address common issues that can stall or delay their background checks. The overview also includes common reasons candidates contact Checkr and how to address these issues.
The overview includes:
- An overview of the candidate process
- General information about the background check process, including exceptions and disputes
- An overview of the Checkr Candidate Portal
- An introduction to the Candidate Experience team
- A list of some of the most common candidate questions
- Links to the most frequently used pages in the Checkr Help Center
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr