Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / eBacon integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to eBacon, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
- Enable Checkr setup
- Create a Checkr account
- Account Hierarchy
- Order Background Checks
- Checkr Features
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
- Checkr’s Candidate Experience
The following items are required to initiate eBacon / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Admin access to Checkr and eBacon
Enable Checkr setup
To connect your account to Checkr, click Company on the left-hand menu from your Dashboard.
Click Background Check from within the Company Menu in order to see the above button inviting you to connect. Select Connect to Sign In to your Checkr account.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with eBacon.
To create an account for use with eBacon:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to eBacon.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Select Finish Sign Up which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both eBacon and you to begin ordering background checks through the eBacon platform.
The integration allows users to set up different "nodes" inside of their Checkr account to have displayed in the background check ordering workflow. Nodes can be used to designate different locations, teams, or groups that order background checks within your organization. Checkr requires you to assign packages to nodes once they are created, and will then display which node ordered which package on your Checkr invoice.
Each time you order a background check, you will be asked which node to order the check from, and then select from a pre-populated list of packages available to that node. Invoices will show the background checks ordered by each node within 2 billing cycles after setup.
To order a background check with Account Hierarchy and nodes:
- Fill in the work location of the candidate as you normally would for any background check.
- Select which Hierarchy node you would like to order from.
The list of available Packages will automatically generate based on the node you select. Select the background check package you want to run. If you do not see any packages populating, you will need to assign the appropriate packages to that node in your Checkr dashboard before proceeding.
Order Background Checks
Once your eBacon and Checkr accounts are connected, return to the Background Check page.
Click New Background Check button in the upper right corner of the screen.
Enter the candidate's name, email address, and state. Then select the reporting package you want and click Submit. If you want to add or customize packages, contact Checkr Customer Success.
Note: Candidates with questions about the process, their own report, or that need to provide verification of their documents (e.i. driver’s license number) can contact Checkr directly through the Candidate Portal.
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the eBacon Background Check dashboard. Once Complete, click on the Eye icon to the right of each line to open a report, or on the link at the bottom of the page to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard (for more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center).
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- New and existing user management
Checkr’s Candidate Experience
The Checkr candidate experience overview describes the Checkr candidate experience of the background check process. It includes information about the Checkr Candidate Portal and Help Center where candidates can self-serve and address common issues that can stall or delay their background checks. The overview also includes common reasons candidates contact Checkr and how to address these issues.
The overview includes:
- An overview of the candidate process
- General information about the background check process, including exceptions and disputes
- An overview of the Checkr Candidate Portal
- An introduction to the Candidate Experience team
- A list of some of the most common candidate questions
- Links to the most frequently used pages in the Checkr Help Center
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr