Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Flock integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to Flock, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
- Enable Checkr setup
- Create a Checkr account
- Account Hierarchy
- Order Background Checks
- Checkr Features
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
- Checkr’s Candidate Experience
The following items are required to initiate Flock / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to Flock, with admin rights
- Access to Checkr, with admin rights
Enable Checkr setup
To initiate integration go to Settings > Apps. Select “GET STARTED” under the Checkr logo.
Next, click Connect with Checkr.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with Flock.
To create an account for use with Flock:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Flock.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from Flock. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Select Finish Sign Up which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Flock and you to begin ordering background checks through the Flock platform.
- After creating an account with Checkr, you will be prompted to authorize the Flock Connector by clicking Authorize.
- Next, you will be redirected back to Flock and once the account is credentialed, you will see a green checkmark on the Checkr Application (Settings > Apps).
The integration allows users to set up different "nodes" inside of their Checkr account to have displayed in the background check ordering workflow. Nodes can be used to designate different locations, teams, or groups that order background checks within your organization. Checkr requires you to assign packages to nodes once they are created, and will then display which node ordered which package on your Checkr invoice.
Each time you order a background check, you will be asked which node to order the check from, and then select from a pre-populated list of packages available to that node. Invoices will show the background checks ordered by each node within 2 billing cycles after setup.
To order a background check with Account Hierarchy and nodes:
- Fill in the work location of the candidate as you normally would for any background check.
- Select which Hierarchy node you would like to order from.
The list of available Packages will automatically generate based on the node you select. Select the background check package you want to run. If you do not see any packages populating, you will need to assign the appropriate packages to that node in your Checkr dashboard before proceeding.
Order Background Checks
Once your Flock and Checkr accounts are connected, go to People > Offers tab and click BACKGROUND CHECK for the desired candidate.
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the Flock Offers tab. Once complete, go to the Checkr Dashboard to view the full report. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- New and existing user management
Checkr’s Candidate Experience
The Checkr candidate experience overview describes the Checkr candidate experience of the background check process. It includes information about the Checkr Candidate Portal and Help Center where candidates can self-serve and address common issues that can stall or delay their background checks. The overview also includes common reasons candidates contact Checkr and how to address these issues.
The overview includes:
- An overview of the candidate process
- General information about the background check process, including exceptions and disputes
- An overview of the Checkr Candidate Portal
- An introduction to the Candidate Experience team
- A list of some of the most common candidate questions
- Links to the most frequently used pages in the Checkr Help Center
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr