Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Workable integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to Workable, please email email@example.com for additional assistance.
- Add Checkr to Workable
- Enable Checkr setup
- Create a Checkr account
- Order Background Checks
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within Workable, such that Workable users can initiate, view, and process Checkr background checks from within the Workable interface.
The following items are required to initiate Workable / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to Workable, with Super Admin rights
Add Checkr to Workable
First, enable Checkr from within Workable. You must have admin access to both Checkr and Workable to complete this process.
Enable Checkr setup
To initiate integration, click the profile icon in the upper right of Workable to access Integrations. Locate and click on Checkr from the list of integrations.
Clicking Start Background Check will open a window asking you to Sign Up or Sign In.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Workable.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your credentialing information.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with Workable.
To create an account for use with Workable:
- Click Sign Up when prompted.
- Enter your Contact Information and Business Information which Checkr will use to create your account.
- Enter your Payment Information – You can provide credit card or ACH info and can edit and update this information at any time directly through your account once created.
- Note: Confirm your purpose for running background checks by checking the box at the bottom of the form.
Click Continue to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Workable and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the Workable platform.
Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Order Background Checks
Once your Workable and Checkr accounts are connected, follow the below steps to order a background check.
To order a background check,
- Click the magnifying glass button in the toolbar (this button will appear in the Offer stage)
- Select a Package
You can run a background check in another stage by clicking the three dots in the toolbar and selecting the background check option.
Workable will show all of your Checkr packages that are available for order. Select the package that you’d like to order for the candidate and select the Order button. Note: Packages can be customized directly with Checkr by an Admin.
Candidates will receive an email to complete the Background Check – Checkr will notify candidates each day for a week until the Background Check Invite is completed. The status of the report will be listed in the Workable candidate dashboard. Once Complete, click on it to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations. Checkr provides access to Analytics that allows you to review background check data, including details like MVR turnaround time.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Workable integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.