Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Workable integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to Workable, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
- Before starting
- Create a Checkr Account
- Order Background Checks
- Checkr’s Candidate Experience
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
The following items are required to initiate Workable / Checkr integration.
- Admin access to both Checkr and Workable to complete this process.
Create a Checkr Account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integrating with Workable.
- To get started, select the profile icon in Workable to access Integrations. Locate and select Checkr from the list of integrations.
- Select Start Background Check to sign in or sign up to create an account for use with Workable.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Workable.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company Information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from Workable. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Select Finish Sign Up which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Workable and you to begin ordering background checks through the Workable platform.
Order Background Checks
- To order a background check, within the Offer stage in Workable, select the magnifying glass in the toolbar.
- Select a background check.
- A background check can be ordered in another stage by selecting the three dots in the toolbar and selecting Background Check.
- Workable will show the background check packages that are available to order. Select a background check for the candidate and select Order.
- Candidates will receive an email to complete the Background Check The status of the report will be listed in the Workable candidate dashboard. Once Complete, select the report to review details. For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.
Checkr’s Candidate Experience
The Checkr candidate experience overview describes the Checkr candidate experience of the background check process. It includes information about the Checkr Candidate Portal and Help Center where candidates can self-serve and address common issues that can stall or delay their background checks. The overview also includes common reasons candidates contact Checkr and how to address these issues.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Workable integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings