Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Planning Center integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to Planning Center, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
- Planning Center / Checkr User Guide
Planning Center / Checkr User Guide
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within Planning Center, such that Planning Center users can initiate, view, and process Checkr background checks from within the Planning Center interface.
The following items are required to initiate Planning Center / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to Planning Center, with admin rights
Add Checkr to Planning Center
First, enable Checkr from within Planning Center. You must have admin access to both Checkr and Planning Center to complete this process.
Enable Checkr setup
1. To initiate integration, go to the Accounts page and click Integrations.
2. Next, click Connect to Checkr.
Clicking Connect to Checkr will open a window asking you to Sign Up or Sign In.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Planning Center.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your billing and credentialing information.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with Planning Center.
To create an account for use with Planning Center:
- Click Sign Up when prompted.
- Enter your name and company contact information, and click Continue.
3. Enter payment information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, and not from Planning Center. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
4. Provide the requested credentialing information. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks.
- Note: Select Purpose: Pre-employment to use Checkr to run background checks for hiring/employment purposes.
Click Continue to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Planning Center and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the Planning Center platform.
Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Order Background Checks
Once your Planning Center and Checkr accounts are connected, click on People, and within the Overview section, scroll down to the Recently Created Profiles.
To order a background check,
- Select a Candidate
- Click the drop-down menu from the check icon located in the right-hand corner
- Click Add Background Check
- Next, click Choose Package
- Select a Package and click Next
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the Planning Center candidate profile and in the Background Checks tab of the People section. Once Complete, click on it to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Planning Center integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.