Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the entire Checkr process, including how to set up your Checkr account on the Rippling platform, how to use the Checkr dashboard, and how to review background check reports.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to Rippling, please email email@example.com for additional assistance.
Table of Contents
- Add Checkr to Rippling
- Order Background Checks
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
Getting started with Checkr on Rippling
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within Rippling, such that Rippling users can initiate, view, and process Checkr background checks from within the Rippling interface.
The only prerequisite to integrate Checkr into your Rippling account is that you have a Rippling account, and are logged in as an Admin.
Add Checkr to Rippling
First, enable Checkr from within Rippling. You must have admin access to both Checkr and Rippling to complete this process.
Enable Checkr setup
To initiate integration, from the dashboard, scroll down to the Rippling App Directory and select Human Resources. Click Background Checks, as seen below:
Clicking Connect will open a window asking you to Sign Up or Sign In.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Rippling.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your credentialing information.
Create a Checkr account
Partner integrations require a Checkr account creation process that differs from that for standalone Checkr accounts. If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with Rippling.
To create an account for use with Rippling:
- Click Sign Up when prompted.
- Enter your name and company contact information, and click Continue (Billing will be handled by Rippling).
- Provide the requested credentialing information. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks.
TIP: Select Purpose: Pre-employment to use Checkr to run background checks for hiring/employment purposes.
Click Continue to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Rippling and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the Rippling platform.
Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Connect Checkr and Rippling
After signing into your Checkr account, the below screen will populate signifying the connection of your Checkr and Rippling accounts.
Order background checks
Once your Rippling and Checkr accounts are connected, click Hire an Employee from the main page in Rippling.
To order a background check,
- Click Hire an Employee
- Choose the option to Run background check
- Select to run a background check on an Existing Employee or Prospective Employee
- Next, enter the candidate’s details and choose a Package
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the Rippling candidate’s profile (pending or completed). Once Complete, click the link on the candidate's page to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
The Rippling integration allows you to order background checks and view their status, through the integration or through the Checkr dashboard, the following features are available only from within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.