Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the entire Checkr / Greenhouse integration process. The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide or help center, submit a request.
- Connect to Checkr
- Create a Checkr account
- Order Background Checks
- Account Hierarchy
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
The following items are required to initiate the Greenhouse / Checkr integration.
- Admin access to Checkr and Greenhouse
Connect to Checkr
- Login to Greenhouse, select Integrations.
- From Integrations, Select Candidate Background Checks.
- Select Checkr to Connect.
- If you already have a Checkr account, select Sign In.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with Greenhouse.
To create an account for use with Greenhouse:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Greenhouse.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from Greenhouse. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Select Finish Sign Up which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Greenhouse and you to begin ordering background checks through the Greenhouse platform.
Order a Background Check
- Once your Greenhouse and Checkr accounts are connected, click on Candidates and then on the candidate you wish to order a check for.
- Select the candidate to complete a background check.
- Select a candidate
- Select the Private tab
- Fill in the work location of the candidate
Note: Work location is required to ensure the correct disclosure forms are sent to the candidate based on the compliance laws in different states
- Select the Background Check Package to run, and click Export to Checkr.
- The candidate will then receive an email from Checkr requesting the information needed to run a background check.
- Once the candidate has provided their information the background check will begin processing, the background check status will be displayed inside of the Private tab for your review.
- Clicking the Complete Report link will bring you to the full report view,
- For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.
- Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
The Greenhouse integration allows users to set up different "nodes" inside of their Checkr account to have displayed in the Greenhouse background check ordering workflow. Nodes can be used to designate different locations, teams, or groups that order background checks within your organization. Checkr requires you to assign packages to nodes once they are created, and will then display which node ordered which package on your Checkr invoice.
Each time you order a background check within Greenhouse, you will be asked which node to order the check from, and then select from a pre-populated list of packages available to that node. Invoices will show the background checks ordered by each node within 2 billing cycles after setup.
To order a background check with Account Hierarchy and nodes:
- Fill in the work location of the candidate as you normally would for any background check through Greenhouse.
- Select which Hierarchy node you would like to order from.
The list of available Packages will automatically generate based on the node you select. Select the background check package you want to run. If you do not see any packages populating, you will need to assign the appropriate packages to that node in your Checkr dashboard before proceeding.
For more information on Account Hierarchy, nodes, and how to configure your account, see Checkr's
Use the Checkr Dashboard
The Greenhouse integration allows you to order background checks and view report status; however, some features can only be accessed from the Checkr dashboard:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Create customizable packages and add-ons
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.