Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Breezy HR integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to Breezy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
Table of Contents
- Add Checkr to Breezy HR
- Order Background Checks
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
Breezy HR / Checkr User Guide
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within Breezy HR, such that Breezy HR users can initiate, view, and process Checkr background checks from within the Breezy HR interface.
The following items are required to initiate Breezy HR / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to Breezy HR, with admin rights
Add Checkr to Breezy HR
First, enable Checkr from within Breezy HR. You must have admin access to both Checkr and Breezy HR to complete this process.
Enable Checkr setup
To initiate integration, click the Systems Settings gear in the upper right-hand corner of Breezy, then click Integrations.
Next, scroll down to the Background Screening section and select the settings next to Checkr Background Checks. Then, click Enable.
Clicking Connect Checkr will open a window asking you to Sign Up or Sign In.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign in to connect your current Checkr account to Breezy.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your billing and credentialing information.
Create a Checkr account
Partner integrations require a Checkr account creation process that differs from that for standalone Checkr accounts. If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with Breezy.
To create an account for use with Breezy:
- Click Sign Up when prompted.
- Enter your name and company contact information, and click Continue.
- Enter payment information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, and not from Breezy. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Provide the requested credentialing information. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks.
- Note: Select Purpose: Pre-employment to use Checkr to run background checks for hiring/employment purposes.
Click Continue to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Breezy and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the Breezy platform.
Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Connect Checkr and Breezy HR
After creating a Checkr account, sign into the account, and click to connect your Checkr and Breezy accounts.
Order Background Checks
Once your Breezy and Checkr accounts are connected, follow the below steps to create a new position:
- Click Positions/Pools from the options on the left-hand
- Click Add Position
- Fill out the fields for Details, Applications, Pipeline, Scorecard, Promote, and Hiring Team
- Click Save & Activate or Save as Draft
- Click Yes Please or No Thanks
- Click Add Candidates
- Click Import by Resume or add the candidate's resume information manually
- Click Continue
Next, click on the newly created Candidate Profile page, and select More > Run Background Check to initiate a background check for the selected candidate.
Or, in the upper right corner of the page, click the Run Background Check icon, then select a background check option from the window that opens, and click Send.
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report (pending or completed) will be listed in the Breezy Candidate Profile page. Select Other > Background Checks to review the status of the report.
Once Complete, click on the results to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
The Breezy integration allows you to order background checks and view their status, through the integration or through the Checkr dashboard, the following features are available only from within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.