Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / ClearCompany integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to ClearCompany, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
Table of Contents
- Add Checkr to ClearCompany
- Order Background Checks
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
Getting started with Checkr on ClearCompany
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within ClearCompany, such that ClearCompany users can initiate, view, and process Checkr background checks from within the ClearCompany interface.
The following items are required to initiate ClearCompany / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to ClearCompany, with admin rights
First, enable Checkr from within ClearCompany. You must have admin access to both Checkr and ClearCompany to complete this process.
To initiate integration, go to a candidate’s profile. Scroll down to the Background Checks section and click Start Background Check.
Clicking Start Background Check will open a window asking you to Sign Up or Sign In.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign in to connect your current Checkr account to ClearCompany. (Note: Some ClearCompany users receive an error message when signing into Checkr. If you receive an error, try logging into ClearCompany using FireFox. Then click Sign In again.)
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your billing and credentialing information.
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with ClearCompany.
To create an account for use with ClearCompany:
- Click Sign Up when prompted.
- Enter your name and company contact information, and click Continue.
- Enter payment information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, and not from ClearCompany. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Provide the requested credentialing information. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks.
- Note: Select Purpose: Pre-employment to use Checkr to run background checks for hiring/employment purposes.
Click Continue to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both ClearCompany and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the ClearCompany platform.
Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Once your ClearCompany and Checkr accounts are connected, return to a candidate’s page, and click Start Background Check.
In the window that opens, select options for the check, and click Start Background Check.
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the ClearCompany candidate dashboard. Once Complete, click on it to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
While the ClearCompany integration provides two means to order background checks and view their status, through the integration or through the Checkr dashboard, the following features are available only from within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.