Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / ClearCompany integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to ClearCompany, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
- Enable Checkr Setup
- Create A Checkr Account
- Order Background Checks
- Checkr Features
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
- Checkr’s Candidate Experience
The following items are required to initiate ClearCompany / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to Checkr and ClearCompany, with admin rights
Enable Checkr Setup
To initiate integration, “Navigate to a candidate’s profile. Click “actions” underneath their profile:
Select “3rd Party Background Checks” to be taken to the Checkr options.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with ClearCompany.
To create an account for use with ClearCompany:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to ClearCompany.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from ClearCompany. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Select Finish Sign Up which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both ClearCompany and you to begin ordering background checks through the ClearCompany platform.
Order Background Checks
Once your ClearCompany and Checkr accounts are connected, return to a candidate’s page, and click Start Background Check.
In the window that opens, select options for the check, and click Start Background Check.
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the ClearCompany candidate dashboard. Once Complete, click on it to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- New and existing user management
Checkr’s Candidate Experience
The Checkr candidate experience overview describes the Checkr candidate experience of the background check process. It includes information about the Checkr Candidate Portal and Help Center where candidates can self-serve and address common issues that can stall or delay their background checks. The overview also includes common reasons candidates contact Checkr and how to address these issues.
The overview includes:
- An overview of the candidate process
- General information about the background check process, including exceptions and disputes
- An overview of the Checkr Candidate Portal
- An introduction to the Candidate Experience team
- A list of some of the most common candidate questions
- Links to the most frequently used pages in the Checkr Help Center
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr