How you order reports depends on whether you're ordering a candidate's first report or you're ordering a report for an existing candidate.
How you order a new candidate's report depends on whether you want them to receive an email from Checkr or communication directly from you.
Email from Checkr
Use the steps below to invite new candidates by email:
- Select "Order background check."
- Set the candidate's location.
- Select the radio button for "The candidate."
- Proceed based on which invitation method you prefer:
- Up to 200 candidates: Enter the candidates' email addresses, and select Continue.
- Up to 5,000 candidates: Select Upload CSV, attach the file, and select Upload.
- Select a package and optional additional searches.
- Review and then submit your order.
If your account has a hierarchy and at least one node, you can invite candidates by node.
By default, Checkr sends the invitation every day for seven calendar days until the candidate takes an action below:
- Authorizes the background check.
- Unsubscribes from the invitation.
To change the frequency of sending invitations, contact Checkr.
After seven days, the invitation expires. You can cancel an invitation before it expires.
If you sent the invitation to the wrong email address for the candidate, you need to order a new report with their correct address.
Communication from you
Checkr provides an open invitation link that you can send directly to candidates.
To order another report for a candidate, use the steps below:
- At the top right of the report, select "Order new report."
- Select a package for the new report and request a new report for this candidate. New reports use the same candidate-provided PII as the original report and can't include packages that need more information.
You can order a maximum of 3 reports for the same candidate in a 24-hour period.
Duplicate candidate information
Checkr checks for duplicate personally identifiable information (PII) for the reasons below:
- Help prevent multiple candidates from using the same PII.
- Help identify mistakes in candidate-provided PII.
Checkr blocks multiple submissions of the same Social Security number (SSN) within 30 days.
To submit the same SSN twice within 30 days, contact Checkr to remove the SSN block. You can then create a maximum of two candidates with the same SSN in a 24-hour period. To re-enable the SSN block, contact Checkr.
Duplicate driver licenses
You can create a maximum of two candidates with the same driver's license within a 24-hour period.
Resend a candidate's invitation
If you need to resend a candidate's invitation, use the steps below:
- Log in to the Checkr Dashboard.
- Select the candidate.
- In the Exceptions section, copy the link and share it with the candidate.