Use the Checkr Dashboard to order background checks for your candidates using the Checkr-hosted apply flow. To help you comply with Federal Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) suggestions, this feature offers Checkr best-practice recommendations for both the personally identifiable information (PII) you're requesting from the candidate, and the forms and disclosures they'll read.
Using the Checkr-hosted apply flow has the benefits below:
- You can invite multiple candidates to simultaneously participate in the background check process.
- The flow captures and stores the candidate’s PII for you.
- The flow provides required forms and disclosures for the candidate to acknowledge, helping you comply with FCRA rules.
Checkr-hosted apply flow
To issue invitation links to candidates using the Checkr-hosted apply flow, use the steps below:
- In the Checkr Dashboard, click Order background check.
- Select a package (required), optional add-on screenings, and a work location or program (if enabled).
- Enter up to 25 email addresses to receive the invitation.
- Click Send Invitations. The listed candidates receive emails with an invitation link and appear in the Candidates page.
After the candidate receives the email, they can click the link to start the Checkr-hosted apply flow. After the candidate accepts the invitation and their background check completes, you can also open their report from the Candidates page.
For more information, refer to Invite candidates by email in the Checkr Dashboard User Guide.
When you invite candidates to participate in their background check using a Checkr-provided link, the Checkr-hosted apply flow guides them through the next steps in the process.
Candidates receive an email with your company's logo and a link to start their background check.
Clicking the link opens a window in which Checkr collects the candidate's PII and provides disclosure and authorization documents, including state-specific documents. Candidates will be asked to do the steps below:
- The candidate enters PII. Each screening requires different information, but most candidates provide their name, Social Security number, birth date, and current postal code.
- The candidate reads the disclosures and authorizes that they consent to have a background report run. After your candidate submits their information and consents to the background check, Checkr begins to generate a report.
Track the report’s progress
After you send an invitation, use the Checkr Dashboard to track its progress.
The Candidates page lists all reports in progress, from the moment the invitation is issued until the report completes. After the report completes, this page also lists actions your account has taken with the candidate as a result of the report’s completion.
The Status column lists the report’s progress through the Checkr system:
- Pending: The report is processing and should finish in 2-3 days but could take longer if Checkr needs documentation from the candidate or if a particular check takes longer than expected.
- Clear: The report completed with no records found.
- Consider: The complete report has information for you to consider.
- Suspended: The report stopped processing because of missing information or incomplete searches.
- Canceled: All screenings in the report were canceled.
The Adjudication column lists your company’s decision about whether to proceed with the candidate.
- None: No adjudication decision has happened.
- Engaged: A decision was made to engage the candidate.
- Pre-adverse action: The candidate received the initial notice and has more time to respond.
- Post-adverse action: Adverse action was taken, and the candidate received the final notice.
- Manual: Adjudication moved outside of the Checkr system.
Get email updates about report status changes
Checkr issues email notifications at several points during report generation.
To receive updates, go to Account settings > Notifications, and select the events you want email notifications about. For example, you might want to know when a report completes and has the Clear or Consider status.
Individual users in your account can set their own notification preferences.
To learn more, refer to How do I manage my email notification preferences?