If you have the admin user role, you can do the tasks below in the Users tab of the "Account settings” page of the Checkr Dashboard:
- Find, edit, manage, or delete existing users.
- Add new users.
Your Checkr user roles might show options that differ from those on this page. If you need access to an option, contact Checkr.
Add new users
To add a user, enter the person's email address in the "Enter email" field and select "Add user." Checkr sends an invitation to the user to set up a password and log in.
Because Checkr can't add users to your account, we recommend that you create multiple admin users. If your account has no admin, contact Checkr to create one.
Assign roles to users
Checkr can't edit user roles. To edit or add user roles for your account, contact your admin. By default, the first user on an account is an admin.
To assign roles to your users and grant them permissions within the Checkr Dashboard, select Edit in the Roles column.
Depending on the user's job, set one or more of the roles below.
Available user roles
- Limited user: The limited user role can access the candidates list but can't access candidate or report details. New users on an account automatically have this role.
- User: The user role can access reports. Assign the user role to staff who update candidates about their background checks.
- Requester: The requester role can perform the tasks below. Assign this role to recruiters who initiate background checks.
- Access, send, monitor, and cancel background check invitations.
- Add a search to an existing package.
- Find report statuses on the Candidates page but can't find the results of completed reports.
- Access candidate documents and exceptions but not completed report details.
- Adjudicator: The adjudicator role can perform the tasks below. Assign this role to adjudication staff.
- Access candidate report details.
- Adjudicate reports.
- Engage candidates.
- Send pre-adverse action notices to candidates.
- Restricted admin: The restricted admin role can perform all tasks of adjudicators and requesters for candidates in their account node but can't update billing information or settings. This role applies only for accounts that have a hierarchy with at least 1 node.
This role can also perform the tasks below. Assign this role to administrators for subnodes on your account.
- Invite users to the account.
- Add searches.
- Save packages.
- Assign non-admin user roles.
- Find invoices.
- Change developer settings.
- Admin: The admin role has access to all functionality in the Checkr Dashboard, with no node restrictions. This role can perform all tasks, including the ones below. Limit this role to core members of your team.
- Update account settings, including billing information.
- Add searches.
- Save packages.
- Assign roles to any account user.
Individual users can have multiple roles, such as adjudicator and requester. To create custom roles and permissions, contact Checkr.
To delete existing users from your account, select the menu icon and select Delete User. Checkr issues a confirmation and then deletes the user from your account. You can't restore deleted users, but you can add the same email address again.
Unlock user accounts
Users with too many failed login attempts are locked out of their accounts. To send a user a password-reset email, select "Unlock user" from the menu next to their name.
Assign nodes to users
Before you can assign nodes to users, take the steps below for your account:
- Create a hierarchy of nodes.
- Request that Checkr enable user restrictions by nodes.
To use nodes to restrict user permissions, use the steps below:
- From the menu, select "Assign nodes."
- Use the options to select nodes to assign to or unassign from the user.
- Review your selection, and select Yes to confirm.