Welcome to Checkr!
This guide outlines the Checkr/Eddy integration process and how to order background checks.
- Getting started
- Create a Checkr account
- Connect to Checkr
- Account hierarchy
- Order background checks
- Review background checks
- Checkr’s candidate experience
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
The following items are required to enable the integration:
- Admin access to Checkr and Eddy
Create a Checkr account
If you already have an account, select Sign In. If you don’t have a Checkr account, create an account to get started.
To create an account for use with Eddy:
Fill out the needed fields, select “Sign Up” to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from Eddy. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
Select Finish Sign Up which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Eddy and you to begin ordering background checks through the Eddy platform.
Connect to Checkr
Follow the steps below to connect the Checkr integration:
- Navigate to Admin settings
- Select the Integration tab
- Under the Checkr option select Connect
- Select “Sign In”
- Enter your Checkr login information and “Log In”
- Select “Connect my account”
- Navigate back to your Eddy dashboard to confirm that your Checkr account has successfully been connected
The integration allows users to set up different "nodes" inside of their Checkr account to appear when you order a background check. You can use nodes to designate different locations, teams, or groups that order background checks within your organization. Checkr requires you to assign packages to nodes after you create them—your Checkr invoice shows which node ordered which package.
Each time you order a background check, you select which node to order the check from, and then select from a list of packages available to that node. Invoices show the background checks each node ordered within 2 billing cycles after setup.
To order a background check with an account hierarchy and nodes:
- Fill in the candidate's work location as you usually would for a background check.
- Select which node to order from.
The list of packages appears based on the node you select. Select the background check package you want to order. If no packages appear, you must assign the appropriate packages to that node in your Checkr Dashboard before proceeding.
Order background checks
- In the “Application” tab, open the candidate’s profile. Within the profile, there will be an option on the right-hand side for Background Check.
- Select the option “Run a background check”
- In the pop-up window ensure the following are completed:
- First and Last name
- Candidate email address
- Work location (where the candidate will be performing their work)
- Node (if applicable)
- Select the appropriate package
- Once this information is complete, select “Run background check”
Review background checks
After you order a background check, the report status appears in the Eddy candidate dashboard. After the report status changes to Complete, select the report in the Checkr Dashboard and review the details.
For more information on reports and report statuses, refer to How do I interpret a background report?
Checkr’s candidate experience
Checkr's candidate experience overview describes the candidate's experience of the background check process. It provides information to answer common questions and resolve common issues.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Eddy integration allows users to order background checks and find their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Order a candidate's report
- Adjudicate a candidate’s report
- The adverse action process: Deciding not to move forward with a candidate
- Candidate stories: Better understand the past and present
- Manage account users
- Set up payment information
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr