Welcome to Checkr!
This guide outlines the Checkr/Sprinto integration process and how to order background checks.
- Getting started
- Connect to Checkr
- Create a Checkr account
- Order background checks
- Review background checks
- Checkr’s candidate experience
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
The following items are required to enable the integration:
- Admin access to Checkr and Sprinto
Connect to Checkr
To enable Checkr from within the Sprinto, platform, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your Sprinto account.
- From the Sprinto dashboard, navigate to the “People” tab on the left-hand side.
- Once on the “People / Overview” page, scroll down to “Background verification providers.”
- Select “Add background verification system.”
- Once selected, a panel will appear on the right-hand side. Locate Checkr’s tile and select “Connect.”
- A secondary screen will appear. Select “Connect Checkr.”
- The Checkr-hosted sign-in page will appear. Select “Login.”
- Enter your Checkr account credentials. Once connected, you will be redirected back to Sprinto.
- Upon a successful login connection, you will see Checkr and an “Active” status.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integrating with Sprinto.
To create an account for use with Sprinto:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Sprinto.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from Sprinto. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Select Finish Sign Up which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Sprinto and you to begin syncing background check data through the Sprinto platform.
5. Once you have connected to Checkr, you will be redirected back to Sprinto
Order background checks
Order a background check directly from the Checkr dashboard. Sprinto does not support the ordering process within its platform. Sprinto will receive completed background check report information from your Checkr Account.
Review background checks
Sprinto only receives completed report information from Checkr accounts. To view completed report information within Sprinto, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your Sprinto dashboard/
- From the left-hand sidebar, select “People.” From the “People” page, select the “Staff” tab.
- This page lists all staff members. Select a staff member.
Once a staff member is selected, you will see “Background Verification.” Here you can see if a background verification of the staff member is complete or not. If not complete, you can update it using Checkr or upload a background verification report.
- To update it using Checkr, select “+ Add.”
- An additional panel will open on the right side of your screen. Select “Add via Checkr.”
From the new menu, you will see a list of all background check reports from your Checkr account.
- Details include Checkr ID, Candidate Name, Email, Verified On Date, Verified Status, and a Report URL which brings you to Checkr.
- Report data is automatically synced 1/day.
- If you need to manually sync your data anytime, navigate to the “People / Overview” tab, and locate the “Background Verification Providers” section. From the Checkr tile, select “Sync from provider.”
- Select the applicable background check for the staff member.
- Select “Add.”
- This saves the background check record to the staff member.
Checkr’s candidate experience
Checkr's candidate experience overview describes the candidate's experience of the background check process. It provides information to answer common questions and resolve common issues.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the integration allows users to view completed backgrounds, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Order background checks
- Background check invitation links
- Cancel an invitation
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
- Candidate Stories