This guide will walk you through the Checkr / HigherMe integration process and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
- Before starting
- Create a Checkr Account
- Order A Background Check
- Review A Background Check
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
The following items are required to initiate the Checkr / HigherMe integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Admin access to both Checkr and HigherMe
- HigherMe Onboarding
Create a Checkr Account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integrating with HigherMe.
- To create an account for use with HigherMe, navigate to the Partners dashboard.
- Select Checkr and then Authenticate.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to HigherMe.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from HigherMe. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Select Finish Sign Up to submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both HigherMe and you to begin ordering background checks through the HigherMe platform.
- Email email@example.com to enable the Checkr integration.
Order A Background Check
- Within Applicant Onboarding, select Applicant info and select a background check.
- Select Continue to order a background check for a candidate. The candidate will receive an email to complete the background check.
Review A Background Check
Once the background check is complete, you’ll be able to see the status in the screenings column and select to review the results.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr: