Form I-9 is an employment eligibility form that the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) administers. An employee completes Form I-9 to verify their identity and their legal authorization to work in the United States (US).
Checkr partners with Tracker I-9 to help you order and track your Form I-9 documents. You can use the Checkr Dashboard to order Form I-9.
To add Form I-9 to your account, use the steps below:
- Log in to the Checkr Dashboard using an admin account.
- Select I-9.
- Read the Checkr Order Form and the Tracker Terms of Service.
- If you agree to these terms, select the checkbox and then select Continue.
- Enter your organization’s legal name.
- Enter your company's main hiring site. If you have other worksites, you can enter them later.
- Select Done.
Because Checkr partners with Tracker I-9 to process Form I-9, you also need a Tracker I-9 account. To set up a Tracker I-9 account, use the steps below:
- In the Checkr Dashboard, select I-9.
- Select the Settings.
- Select “Register my account.”
- Enter a user name and password for your Tracker account.
Order Form I-9
Form I-9 has three sections. The employee completes Section 1 remotely, and you choose how to complete Section 2 when you order the Form I-9. You use Section 3 only if you’re rehiring an employee.
To order Form I-9, use the steps below:
- In the Checkr Dashboard, select Order I-9.
- When you order Form I-9, Checkr emails the employee asking them to complete Form I-9 online. To choose how you verify the employees documents, select an option below:
- Remote Section 1 only: The employee brings their documents onsite to a company location. After reviewing the employee’s documents, you complete Section 2 in Tracker I-9.
- Employer-appointed representative: During the order process, you choose an authorized person to review the employee’s documents. After reviewing the employee’s documents, the authorized person completes Section 2 in Tracker I-9.
- Employee-appointed representative: The employee appoints a person to review their documents. The employee coordinates a time and place for document verification with their appointed representative. The employee-appointed representative completes Section 2 in Tracker I-9 and submits photos of the documents.
- Select the employees to verify. You can search for the employee by their candidate name or candidate ID. This list includes only employees who have completed background checks.
- Review your order, and then select “Submit order.”
Checkr adds the charge for the Form I-9 to your invoice after the employee completes and signs Section 1. Checkr doesn’t charge for additional changes or verification you add to an employee’s Form I-9.
You add and edit worksites from the Worksites tab in the I-9 section of the Checkr Dashboard.
To add a worksite, use the steps below:
- Select “Add new.”
- Enter the information about your worksite, then select Add.
To edit a worksite, use the steps below:
- Select the Actions menu for the worksite you want to edit.
- Select Edit to change information about the worksite.
From the Actions menu, you can also delete the worksite or make it your default worksite.
I-9 Dashboard page tabs
Status lists your Form I-9 orders and their current status. You can filter the list by the criteria below:
- Order progress
- Open tasks
From Settings, you can do the tasks below:
- Check your E-Verify status.
- Add to, edit, and access your worksite list.
- Access your registered Tracker I-9 users.
If USCIS audits your Form I-9 documents, contact Checkr. Checkr contacts Tracker’s Audit Support team on your behalf. Tracker I-9’s Audit Support team provides guidance during an audit and helps gather documents by the audit deadline. Only Form I-9 documents that you ordered from Checkr or Tracker I-9 are eligible for audit assistance. Consult your legal counsel about forms you collected without using Checkr or Tracker I-9.
Tracker I-9 help
For help with Tracker I-9, consult their manual.