Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Thoropass integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
- Before starting
- Create a Checkr account
- Order Background Checks
- Review Background Checks
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
The following items are required to initiate Thoropass / Checkr integration.
- Admin access to Checkr and Thoropass
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integrating with Thoropass.
- To initiate and enable the Checkr integration within Thoropass, navigate in Thoropass to the settings > integrations tab. Within Integrations, scroll down to Other and select Configure for Checkr.
- Once selected, you will see a new window and select New Connection.
- Continue to name and save your connection.
- Read the dialogue and press next until you reach the Launch Checkr screen. Select Launch Checkr to log in or create an account
- To create an account for use with Thoropass:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Thoropass.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from Thoropass. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Select Finish Sign Up which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Thoropass and you to begin ordering background checks through the Thoropass platform.
Note: From within Thoropass, you're able to connect multiple Checkr accounts. If you have multiple Checkr accounts, please walk through the steps to link all accounts so Thoropass can accurately import data from all accounts. While you can link multiple accounts, there will only be one active account that can create background checks.
Order Background Checks
Once your Thoropass and Checkr accounts are connected, navigate to the people’s page, and select on Open Background Check.
- You will be brought to a page dedicated to Background Checks.
- To run a background check, select Run Background Check in the top right hand corner.
- Once selected, a window will lightframe letting you know that you will be running a background check via your Thoropass dashboard in partnership with Checkr.
- You will be prompted to select the appropriate node if you’ve established nodes within your Checkr account. If you have no nodes, then you will continue to the next window.
- The next step is to select the state, city, background check package and email for the candidate.
- Once complete, select Send and that initiates the background check process with the candidate.
Review Background Checks
To monitor a background check, users can navigate to the Thoropass Objects and from the account dropdown in the top left hand corner, select background check.
- By selecting background check, the user is brought to a page dedicated to background checks and can view the status and other metadata of a background check.
- To view the report in Checkr, select View Profile from the Report URL column. This will redirect the user to the Checkr Dashboard to view the report.
- Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the Thoropass background check page under column Status . Once Complete, select view profile to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Thoropass integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings