Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr | VidCruiter integration process and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
- Before starting
- Create a Checkr account
- Account Hierarchy
- Order a Background Check
- Checkr’s Candidate Experience
- Reviewing a background check
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
The following items are required to enable the integration:
- Admin access to Checkr and VidCruiter
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integrating with VidCruiter.
- To get started, select Admin, Integrations, Checkr, and then Connect to Checkr.
- To create an account for use with VidCruiter:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to VidCruiter.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from VidCruiter. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Select Finish Sign Up, which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both VidCruiter and you to begin ordering background checks through the VidCruiter platform.
The integration allows users to set up different "nodes" inside of their Checkr account to appear when you order a background check. You can use nodes to designate different locations, teams, or groups that order background checks within your organization. Checkr requires you to assign packages to nodes after you create them. Your Checkr invoice shows which node ordered which package.
Each time you order a background check, you select which node to order the check from, and then select from a list of packages available to that node. Invoices show the background checks that each node ordered within 2 billing cycles after setup.
To order a background check with an account hierarchy and nodes:
- Fill in the candidate's work location as you normally would for a background check.
- Select which node to order from.
The list of packages appears based on the node you select. Select the background check package you want to order. If no packages appear, you must assign the appropriate packages to that node in your Checkr Dashboard before proceeding.
Order a Background Check
- To order background checks, add a background check status to the candidate workflow by selecting Positions and then Add.
- In the overview, name the position, select if a reference code should be added, select if the position should appear in job boards, and select an interview or a template.
- Select Step 2 - Team Members to continue.
- Select who from your team needs to be involved with the position.
- Select Step 3 – Applicant Step to continue.
- Select Create New Applicant Step to set up the application forms for candidates.
- Name the Applicant Step and select Save.
- Select the applicant settings and Save these Applicant Step Settings.
- Select Step 4 - Recruiter Tasks to continue.
- Complete the applicant step builder.
- Once complete, select I’m done editing this applicant step, add or edit another.
- To add a Checkr Background check to the workflow, select Create a New Applicant Step.
- Name the Applicant step Background Check (this is customizable) and select Save.
- On the Settings tab, scroll to the bottom and select Checkr and the background check for the candidates.
- Select Save these applicant step settings.
- Add any documentation or disclaimers you would like the applicant to read through as a question page and select I’m done editing this applicant step, add or edit another.
- Once you have completed all Applicant Steps, select Step 4 – Recruiter tasks.
- To automate the recruiting process, choose when emails will be sent or when candidates are moved to a different step.
- Select Step 5 – Settings to continue.
- No additional configurations are needed for the integration.
- Select Step 6 – Position Status to continue.
- Select Make this position live to begin ordering background checks.
- Select the list of applicants for the VidCruiter Position you created in the previous steps.
- Select the name of the candidate to order a background check.
- Once on their profile, select Change Status.
- Select the status Background Check and select Change Status.
- Once the background check is ordered, the candidate will receive an email to provide their information for the background check.
Checkr’s Candidate Experience
Checkr's candidate experience overview describes the candidate's experience of the background check process. It provides information to answer common questions and resolve common issues.
Reviewing a background check
You will be able to check the status of the applicant’s background check from their profile in VidCruiter.
- Within the applicant’s profile, select on the Integrations tab.
- Once the background check is complete, the status will update. Select the report URL to review the background check report.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Cancel an invitation
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings