Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr | Trustero integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
- Before starting
- Create a Checkr account
- Order Background Checks
- Checkr’s Candidate Experience
- Review A Background Check
- Disconnect your Checkr Account
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
The following items are required to initiate Trustero | Checkr integration.
- Admin access to Checkr and Trustero
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integrating with Trustero.
- Login to your Trustero account.
- From the left-hand navigation menu, select Services.
- In the right-hand corner, select Add Receptor.
- Select Checkr as the receptor.
- Fill out the Nickname field with your organization name (or naming convention to distinguish between accounts if connecting more than one Checkr account) and select Activate.
- To create an account for use with Trustero:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Trustero.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from Trustero. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Select Finish Sign Up, which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Trustero and you to begin ordering background checks through the Trustero platform.
- Once you’ve signed in / signed up, you’ll be redirected back to Services and Receptors. Checkr will now be listed as a receptor.
Order Background Checks
To order background checks, order a background check directly from the Checkr dashboard. Trustero doesn’t support the ordering process within its platform. Rather, Trustero will receive completed and in progress background check report information from Checkr Accounts. For in progress background checks, no date of completion will be listed.
Checkr’s Candidate Experience
The Checkr candidate experience overview describes the Checkr candidate experience of the background check process. It includes information about the Checkr Candidate Portal and Help Center, where candidates can self-serve and address common issues that can stall or delay their background checks. The overview also includes common reasons candidates contact Checkr and how to address these issues.
Review A Background Check
- To review completed background report information from your Checkr account within Trustero log in to your Trustero account.
- Go to Services and Receptors.
- Checkr will be listed as a receptor. Select Checkr.
- You will see Automatable Controls. Automatable Controls are what the receptor is related to for audit purposes.
- Select Screening to access the Screening Controls to view the results.
- Under Procedure, select Evidence.
- The Evidence tab contains all of the background check scans.
- A scan for background checks is added upon connecting your Checkr account.
- A scan is added once a week. This sync occurs every Friday at 2 am.
- A scan can occur ad-hoc whenever a customer requests one.
- By selecting a scan, a window populates titled Automatic Evidence for Screening and details the following evidence for all completed background checks, Name of employee, start date, and completion date.
- Note: A user will not see the background check status/result.
- To request a new scan of background checks, you can select Add Evidence.
Disconnect your Checkr Account
If you wish to disconnect your Checkr account in Trustero, please follow the steps below.
- Login to Trustero.
- Navigate to the Services and Receptors page.
- Within your list of Receptors, find Checkr.
- Select the pencil icon to the left of Checkr, Manage Receptor.
- This will populate the Activate Checkr screen.
- Select Deactivate. This will disconnect your Checkr account.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Trustero integration allows users to view completed background check reports (name of candidate, start date and completion date) the following features are available within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings