Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / PipeHireHRM integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to PipeHireHRM, please fill out a support request for additional assistance.
- Create a Checkr account
- Order Background Checks
- Monitor Background Checks
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within PipeHireHRM, such that PipeHireHRM users can initiate and view Checkr background checks from within the PipeHireHRM interface.
The following items are required to initiate PipeHireHRM / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to PipeHireHRM, with admin rights
Add Checkr to PipeHireHRM
First, enable Checkr from within PipeHireHRM. You must have admin access to PipeHireHRM to complete this process.
Enable Checkr setup
- Sign in to PipehireHRM.
- Once logged in, navigate to the applicant funnel.
- At the top of the applicant funnel, you will see the message: “To run a background check, please connect your Checkr account”.
- Click on the “Connect your Checkr account” hyperlink.
- Once selected, you will be redirected to the Checkr-hosted sign-up / sign-in flow.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to PipeHireHRM.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your billing and credentialing information
- Once you have successfully signed-in to your Checkr account, you will be redirected to a page that says “The connection with Checkr has been successful”. From here, you can begin running background checks from the candidate’s card, which you can access from the applicant funnel and is outlined in the Order Background Checks section of this guide.
- Once you have successfully signed-up for your Checkr account, you will be redirected to a page that says “The connection with Checkr has been successful” with an additional notice in yellow, informing you that Checkr’s Customer Success team must credential your Checkr account before you will be able to request background checks. This process generally can take up to 24-48 hours. Once credentialed, Checkr will notify both you and the PipehireHRM and you can begin running your background checks.
Disconnect Checkr within PipehireHRM: If a company ever wishes to disconnect the Checkr < > PipehireHRM integration, please contact Checkr support and Checkr support will help disconnect the integration from within your Checkr dashboard. Once disconnected, PipehireHRM will be notified and Checkr data will no longer be available within PipehireHRM.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with PipeHireHRM.
To create an account for use with PipeHireHRM:
- Click Sign Up when prompted.
- Enter your name and company contact information, and click Continue.
- Enter payment information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, and not from PipeHireHRM. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Provide the requested credentialing information. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks.
- Note: Select Purpose: Pre-employment to use Checkr to run background checks for hiring/employment purposes.
- Click Continue to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both PipeHireHRM and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the PipeHireHRM platform.
- Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Order Background Checks
Once your PipeHireHRM and Checkr accounts are connected, you can begin to run background checks.
- Navigate to the applicant funnel.
- Click on an applicant card to view the applicant profile.
- In the first tab, “Basic Information”, there are two options related to background checks.
- To run a new background check on the applicant, select the button “Run Background Check” button.
- Once selected, a window will open asking you to populate the following information for the candidate: state, city, background check package, and email.
- For the package field, please note this is not a true drop-down. The user should either begin typing or use the down arrow to see the full package list available.
- Once all the information has been inputted, select “Submit”
- By selecting “submit”, a window will populate letting you know that an Invitation to the background check has been sent to the candidate.
Monitor Background Checks
To monitor background checks that have been initiated, please follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the applicant funnel.
- Click on an applicant card to view the applicant’s profile.
- Select the button “View Background Check Overview”.
- Once selected, you will see a list of one or multiple background checks initiated for the applicant.
- Each background check that has been run will have a tile to display the following: background check package, background check status, background check ETA and a link to the Checkr dashboard.
Once Complete, click on the “View Report” link to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the PipeHireHRM integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.