Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Sora integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
- Before starting
- Create a Checkr account
- Order Background Checks
- Review a Background Check
- Resubmit a Background Check
- Sora User Permissions
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
The following items are required to initiate Sora / Checkr integration.
- Access to Sora, with super administrator rights
- Admin access to Checkr
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integrating with Sora.
To create an account for use with Sora:
- Log into your Sora account, navigate to settings in the top navigation bar.
- From settings, select the integrations tab.
- From the integrations tab, you can search for Checkr, located under the Other category.
- Select Checkr and Log in to set up integration .
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Sora.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from Sora. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Select Finish Sign Up which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Sora and you to begin ordering background checks through the Sora platform.
Order Background Checks
To order a background check:
- Navigate to the Workflows page and select the workflow you would like to add a background check to.
- Select manage workflow in the top right corner
- Add a new integration step at the direct point in the workflow. A tab will slide out.
- Under the action tab, in the drop-down menu select the background screening task.
- Under the options tab, select the options for the check.
- Select Create (Publish) to Save and publish the new background screening option.
- To initiate a background check in the workflow, exit the workflow editor and select add employee.
- When the employee reaches the background check step in the workflow, Sora will automatically create the candidate object and order the background check with the pre-configured options.
Review a Background Check
- Navigate to the Employees tab in the top navigation bar.
- Select the employee.
- In the flyout, select Background Checks to view the date of initialization, source (task) of initialization, package name used, estimated completion of the check, status of the report and a link to the report itself.
- Once Complete, select the report to review details. For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report.
Resubmit a Background Check
- In the selected workflow, select the employee.
- If a background check task encounters an error, it will be flagged indicated by a red flag icon next to the name of the task.
- Hovering over the icon will reveal details about the nature of the error.
- The flag and the error details can also be seen by opening the task and navigating to the Flags tab.
- To re-run the background check integration task, open it, navigate to the Flags tab and select Rerun integration under the error details.
- This will rerun the task with the same configuration.
Sora User Permissions
- To connect/disconnect a customer account to Checkr using OAuth, one must have super administrator access.
- Submitting a background check: A background check is a task in a workflow within Sora, think of it like a step in a list of actions. These steps (tasks) can have various triggers (after the previous task, when the employee enters the workflow, etc.). After a workflow is configured with background checks within it, the submission will be done automatically upon the configured trigger. By default these workflows can be managed by administrators, and workflow administrators so they have the ability to control when a background check is invoked from the workflow configuration.
- Reviewing background check results: The status, ETA, report link, and some additional information is displayed on the profile of the associated employee under a tab called background checks. Sora has an extensive permission system that by default only exposes this tab to administrators. Administrators have the power to control who else can see the results on an individual level.
- With Sora’s permission system, it is possible to grant the rights needed for the above operations to anyone.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Sora integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings