How do I update my personal information on a report? >
The process for updating information on your report will look different depending on which information needs to be updated.
I need to update my: How to update this information:
- Date of birth
Be sure to attach a photo of the front of your driver’s license or state-issued ID.
Please note that depending on the company you applied with, we may be unable to use the submitted documentation to make changes. If this is the case, we will provide you with next steps for resolving the issue.
- Social Security Number (SSN)
This is dependent on what the issue is.
First, check the Candidate Portal and/or your email for a link sent by Checkr that allows candidates to re-enter their SSNs.
If you do not see anything in the Candidate Portal or your email, submit a request to Checkr’s Support Team.
- Phone number
- Zip code
Contact the company you applied with so they can update the information or request a new report. Checkr is unable to change the submitted information.
- Driver's license
For information on updating your driver's license, refer to How do I update my driver's license?
The Checkr Support Team cannot update your phone number or zip code.
How do I update my driver's license? >
You can update your driver’s license within the Candidate Portal for up to 30 days after your report completes. Once 30 days have passed, you must contact the organization you applied to for next steps.
To update your driver's license information:
- Log into the Candidate Portal.
- Open the report you wish to update.
- Scroll toward the bottom of the page and click Update license.
- Enter your current driver's license information (state and number).
Once you've updated this information, Checkr will update your report. You will receive an email once your updated report is ready. You can see the updated report in the Candidate Portal.
If your report completed less than 30 days ago and you do not see the Update license option at the bottom of your report, contact Checkr Support.
For Uber-specific information on updating your license, refer to Help with Uber background check.
Updating your driver's license for one report will not update other existing reports or future reports. We recommend checking with your organization to confirm they have your current driver’s license.
How do I edit the education, employment, and/or address history information I entered? >
Education, employment, and/or address history information submitted upon initiation of the background check cannot be edited, and we cannot process requests for new background checks directly from candidates. If you would like to request a new background check, please contact the company you applied with and ask them to order a new report.
How do I submit additional information or documentation to Checkr? >
The following article lists a few ways documentation can be submitted to Checkr. Make sure any photos you upload are as clear as possible. Poor photo quality may cause delays in the background check process. Refer to I was asked to upload an image of my documentation. What are the image guidelines and what do I do if I don't have the requested documentation? for details.
Submit information through the Candidate Portal
- Log in to the Candidate Portal.
- Check your report for outstanding required actions. These will be highlighted at the top of the page.
- Click the link within the required action box to begin the upload process. For example, in the screenshot below, you would click the "Add information" link to begin the documentation upload process.
Refer to How do I log into the Candidate Portal? if you're having issues logging in.
Submit information through email
If additional information is required, you'll receive an email from Checkr with a link to upload documentation. The email will look similar to the image below. Be sure to check your spam folder(s). If the link within the email has expired, contact the organization you applied to and request a new link.
Submit information through a support ticket
If you cannot access the Candidate Portal or submit information through the link we sent you, please submit a support ticket with the document description and attachment.
How will I know that Checkr has received my documents? >
If you have uploaded documents to the Candidate Portal, please allow up to 3 business days for review. If it has been more than 3 business days and you have not received confirmation that your documents were received, you can submit a ticket to Checkr Candidate Support.
Why am I being asked to provide more information after I complete the background check? >
You may be asked to provide additional information after completing your background check invitation for the following potential reasons:
- Checkr was unable to complete the Social Security number (SSN) trace with the information you submitted. If this occurs, Checkr may ask you to resubmit your SSN, which may include uploading a photo of your SSN card or a letter from the Social Security Administration confirming that the SSN belongs to you.
- Additional information is required to continue your background check.
- The documentation provided in the application was not clear or was filled out incorrectly.
- There may be a need for special or hand-signed consent forms, in which case the forms must be printed, signed by hand, and returned as a scanned attachment.
- Previous employers and education institutions may have specific verification processes that require action from the candidate.