For questions regarding your account setup, login, or technical assistance, please contact the Pennsylvania Child Welfare Support Center at 1-877-343-0494.
To obtain a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, follow the steps outlined below:
1. Go to compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home.
2. Click “Create Individual Account.”
3. Click “Next.”
4. Create your user account. The Keystone ID is a username that you create and is unique to yourself. Click “Finish.”
5. You will be emailed a temporary password. Retrieve the password from your email and revisit compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home.
6. Click “Individual Log In.”
7. Click “Access my Clearances.”
8. Scroll down and click “Continue.”
9. Enter your Keystone ID and temporary password.
10. Verify your account and select your device for authorization purposes.
11. Change your password and click “Submit.”
12. You will now have to log in again with your new password.
13. Scroll down, select “I have read, fully understand and agree to the My Child Welfare Account Terms and Conditions” and click “Next.”
14. Scroll down and click “Continue.”
15. Click “Create Clearance Application.”
16. Scroll down and click “Begin.”
17. For Application Purpose, select the fifth option for “School Employee Governed by Public School Code.” Scroll down and click “Next.”
18. Complete the Applicant Information section and click “Next.”
19. Complete the Current Address section and click “Next.” You do not need to have a paper copy delivered to you.
20. Complete the Previous Address section and click “Next.”
21. Complete the Household Members section and click “Next.”
22. Review the Application Summary section and click “Next.”
23. Check the box, type your full name, and click “Next.”
24. Answer YES to the question “Did the organization provide a code for your application?” Enter your prepaid code from Checkr. (Check your email sent from Checkr, Inc.) and click “Submit.” If you cannot find an email from Checkr, please don’t hesitate to contact Customer Support.
25. Your screen should look like the example below:
26. At this point, you will wait for your results. They can take anywhere from one minute to several days. Once you receive an email from email@example.com that your results are available, you will need to go back to compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home. If you never receive this email, don’t hesitate to contact Customer Support.
27. Click on “Individual Log In,” then “Access my Clearances,” then “Continue” and enter your Keystone ID and password.
28. Click on “To view the result, click here.”
This will download a PDF that will look like one of the following depending on the results.
This clearance may be used for employment or volunteering purposes.
29. Please reply to Checkr’s email to provide your E-Clearance ID. No further action is needed as Checkr now has access to your certificate.
The following is an example of what candidates are emailed from Checkr, Inc.’s Candidate Experience department: