Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Orion integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to Orion, please fill out a support request for additional assistance.
- Add Checkr to Orion
- Create a Checkr account
- Order Background Checks
- Monitor a Background Check
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
Orion / Checkr User Guide
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within Orion, such that Orion users can initiate and view Checkr background checks from within the Orion interface.
The following items are required to initiate Orion / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to Orion & Checkr, with admin user rights.
Add Checkr to Orion
First, enable Checkr from within Orion. You must have admin access to both Checkr and Orion to complete this process.
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created for the integration with Orion. Please see the steps below.
If your company does have a Checkr account, you can follow the same steps and Sign In instead of Signing Up.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before accessing the integration capabilities with Orion.
To create a Checkr account for use with Orion:
- Navigate to your dashboard’s “Compliance” drop-down across the top menu bar. Within the “Compliance” dropdown, navigate to “Checkr” and select “Activate or Deactivate”.
- Click the green “Connect Checkr Account” option.
- If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, click “Set Up a Checkr Account” and “Continue. If your company already has a Checkr account, you can select “Sign In”.
- Enter your contact and business information, and click Continue.
- Once all of your information has been entered per the instructions in the Checkr modules, click “submit account” to submit your account to Checkr for Credentialing. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Orion and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through Orion.
- Credentialing is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks and typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Order Background Checks
Once your Orion and Checkr accounts are connected, you can begin to order background checks by following the steps below.
- A transit provider can order screenings by navigating to the Provider Dropdown, selecting Checkr and then selecting Perform Screening.
- Once on the perform screening page, the provider can select the package they want to run for the background check and then select Perform Screening.
- A message will appear to the provider, for the provider to acknowledge the starting cost of the background check, what will be initially deducted from the provider’s wallet and the remaining balance.
- The BackOffice and Provider will receive banner alerts on the bottom right-hand corner of the screening that a background check invitation has been created/sent and for which operator.
Monitor a Background Check
Once the background check has been ordered by the Provider, the Checkr results tab will be available to view in two ways.
- Navigate to Checkr >> Monitor Screening to access the dedicated Checkr List View
There are filters available to the Provider.
Zoomed in view
- Navigate to Provider >> Operator Management to access the Operator Management Roster Page.
A Provider can view the Last Checkr report status from the Operator Management page. The operator Management page provides all candidates or operators in a list view. This is an easy access view to drill into the operator profile, performance feedback, perform screenings, and order e-sign documents.
Option 2 - Back Office Portal
Once a background check has been ordered by the Provider, the Checkr results can be assessed by the Backoffice Staff.
- Navigate to Checkr >> Monitor Screening to access from dedicated Checkr List View.
- Open up the Report.
- The light blue button will take you to the report in Checkr. Click on it to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Orion integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.