Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Orion integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
- Before starting
- Create a Checkr account
- Order Background Checks
- Review a Background Check
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
The following items are required to initiate the Orion / Checkr integration:
- Admin access to both Checkr and Orion
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integrating with Orion.
To create a Checkr account for use with Orion:
- Navigate to your dashboard’s Compliance drop down across the top menu bar, navigate to Checkr and select Activate or Deactivate.
- Select Click here to Connect Checkr Account
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Orion.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Select Finish Sign Up which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Orion and you to begin ordering background checks through the Orion platform.
Order Background Checks
To order a background check:
- Select Provider, then Checkr and Perform Screening.
- Next select the background check package and then select Perform Screening to order the background check.
- An email will be sent to the candidate requesting their information.
Review a Background Check
To review the background check status:
- Navigate to Checkr >> Monitor Screening to Manage Checkr Report(s)
- Select the division and report status to locate a background check. Then select Get Report(s).
- Navigate to Provider >> Operator Management to access the Operator Management Roster and Checkr report status.
- Select Compliance, and then Checkr.
- Navigate to Checkr >> Monitor Screening to Manage Checkr Report(s).
- Select Actions to review the background check results. For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Orion integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings