Occupational health assessments help you evaluate candidates' fitness for certain jobs. Checkr’s partner, eScreen, offers assessments in the categories below.
- Hearing & vision
- Physical evaluations
- Respiratory and pulmonary function
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Some locations have laws about occupational health screenings and employment. Consult your legal counsel about your compliance obligations.
To add occupational health assessments to your account, contact Checkr. You can order your first occupational health assessment seven to ten business days after Checkr adds them to your account. You can order drug tests and occupational health assessments separately or together.
Most occupational health assessments follow the process below:
- Checkr emails the candidate, inviting them to complete the assessment.
- The candidate selects a clinic and prints the pass for their appointment.
- The candidate contacts the clinic to schedule their appointment.
- The candidate completes their assessment before the pass expires.
- If necessary, you can update the clinic for the candidate. You can also send the candidate an updated pass from “Pending reports” in the Checkr Dashboard.
- The clinic sends the results to Checkr’s vendor, eScreen. eScreen does an administrative review of the occupational health assessments to ensure that they’re complete. If results are incomplete, eScreen contacts the clinic for corrections.
- The assessment results appear in the Checkr Dashboard.
If an assessment has a delay because of missing paperwork, Checkr contacts the candidate to request the necessary documents.
Review assessment results
To review results, open the candidate’s report and select Health Assessment. You can also download a more detailed assessment report from the "Report information" section of the candidate's report.
After the candidate completes their screening, the average turnaround time to receive the result is less than 3 days. To prevent delays, ensure that your candidate calls the screening location to verify availability and has their screening pass.
Standard turnaround time
|Most occupational health assessments
|Two to three business days
|Assessments requiring blood work
|Four to seven business days
|Four to seven business days
Clinics that keep electronic records complete assessments faster than those that keep paper records.
The candidate provides the relevant personally identifying information (PII) below:
- Birth date
- Email address
- Full name
- Phone number
- Social Security number (SSN)
The candidate then reads and acknowledges receipt of applicable forms and authorizations:
- A Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Disclosure Regarding Background Investigation
- Other state and required disclosures as applicable
- Authorization for a background check
After the candidate signs the authorization form, they download and print their pass. Candidates must have their pass when they report to the clinic for their assessment.
If you applied for a job and want to know your background check’s status, log in to the Checkr Candidate Portal.