This guide is for customers who are using the Checkr Canada (ca.checkr.com) platform for Canadian background checks.
We’re moving the Checkr Canada platform into a single, unified Checkr platform. By moving to a single platform, you’ll be able to manage all of your background checks—whether in Canada, the US, or other countries—in one convenient place. Additionally, once you start ordering background checks on the global platform, your fees will be consolidated into one invoice.
What does this mean for my organization?
- We are ending support for the Checkr Canada platform. You will receive communication containing the exact date that your company must begin running new Canada background checks through Checkr’s global platform.
- You will continue to have access to the Checkr Canada platform until December 30, 2022. We encourage you to download any reports you’d like to keep by this date, as they will not be transferred over to your global Checkr account.
- Customer and candidate support hours have been updated to Monday-Friday, 8 am-8 pm ET.
- Pricing for Canadian checks will be updated once you begin ordering Canadian background checks through the global Checkr platform. Please see the pricing page for pricing by screening type and country.
Will I still be able to access the same Canadian background checks?
The following searches are available on the Checkr platform:
- Enhanced Crim (EPIC) with Identity Verification (eID and LiveVideoID)
- Employment Verification (global)
- Education Verification (global)
- Global Watch List
- BC Plus Enhanced Crim
- Driver’s License Verification (available Q3 2022)
- Driver’s Abstract (available Q4 2022)
Additionally, Checkr offers:
- Criminal, driver and MVR, civil searches, and drug and health screenings in the US
- Criminal or adverse media checks and identity document validation in 200+ countries
The following Canadian searches are not available on the global Checkr platform:
- Basic Crim (CPIC)
- Credential Verification
- Credit Reliability Report
- Social Media
- Vulnerable Sector Verification
How do I order Canadian background checks through my global Checkr account?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you’d like to enable Canadian background checks on your global Checkr account.
Will pricing change?
Your pricing will be updated once you begin ordering Canadian background checks via the global Checkr platform. Please see the pricing page for pricing by screening type and country.
Will invoicing change?
You will receive a single, consolidated invoice from Checkr once you begin ordering Canadian background checks via the global Checkr platform.
Will I need to make any updates to my workflow or API integration?
Yes, you may need to make changes to your workflow or API integration. Please email email@example.com to schedule an onboarding session, where we’ll help you navigate any changes to your account.
How do I access data in my Checkr Canada account?
You will continue to have access to the Checkr Canada platform until December 30, 2022. We strongly encourage you to download any reports you’d like to keep by this date, as they will not be transferred over to your new Checkr account.
We’ll follow up with information on how to request reports after December 30, 2022, later this year.
How do I create a new Checkr account?
If you don’t already have an existing global Checkr account, you can sign up for one here. Please note you’ll need to provide a US business address and Employer Identification Number (EIN) to get started.
Where do I go for support?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, or to schedule an onboarding session, where we’ll help you navigate any changes to your account.