Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr /Kwant integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to Kwant, please fill out a support request for additional assistance.
- Add Checkr to Kwant
- Create a Checkr account
- Order Background Checks
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within Kwant such that Kwant users can initiate and view Checkr background checks from within the Kwant interface.
The following items are required to initiate Kwant / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to Kwant , with Admin rights
Add Checkr to Kwant
First, enable Checkr from within Kwant . You must have admin access to both Checkr and Kwant to complete this process.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with Kwant.
To create an account for use with Kwant:
- Log into your Kwant account and click on the gear icon in the top navigation bar
- Locate and select ‘Edit Project’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select the ‘Integration’ option and click on ‘CONNECT’ under Checkr Authorization.
- Select set up a Checkr account if you don’t have an existing account with Checkr.
- Enter the information in the form below and submit it.
- Provide the requested credentialing information. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks.
- Note: Select Purpose: Pre-employment to use Checkr to run background checks for hiring/employment purposes.
- Click Continue to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Kwant and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the OnTarget platform.
- Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
If you already have an account or have created the account using the above process, click on sign in and select sign in with Checkr.
Order Background Checks
Once your Kwant and Checkr accounts are connected, return to the employee tab under team and resources, and click ‘Request Verification’ under each employee.
In the window that opens, select options for the check, and click ‘Submit’ to send the invitation to the worker. You can only send an invitation via email, thus making it mandatory to record the email ID for each employee.
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the employee dashboard in OnTarget. Once Complete, click on the link icon in the report column to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Kwant integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.