Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Kwant integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to Kwant, please fill out a support request for additional assistance.
The following items are required to initiate Kwant / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Admin access to both Checkr and Kwant
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with Kwant.
To create an account for use with Kwant:
- Log into your Kwant account and click on the gear icon in the top navigation bar
- Locate and select Edit Project from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Integration option and click on CONNECT under Checkr Authorization.
- If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with Kwant.
- To create an account for use with Kwant:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Kwant.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Select Finish Sign Up which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Kwant and you to begin ordering background checks through the Kwant platform.
Order Background Checks
Once your Kwant and Checkr accounts are connected, return to the employee tab under team and resources, and click Request Verification under each employee.
In the window that opens, select options for the check, and click Submit to send the invitation to the worker. You can only send an invitation via email, thus making it mandatory to record the email ID for each employee.
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the employee dashboard in OnTarget. Once Complete, click on the link icon in the report column to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Kwant integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- New and existing user management
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.