Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Ashby integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to Ashby, please fill out a support request for additional assistance.
Ashby / Checkr User Guide
Ashby / Checkr User Guide
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within Ashby, such that Ashby users can initiate and view Checkr background checks from within the Ashby interface.
The following items are required to initiate Ashby / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to Ashby, with Admin rights
- For Checkr customers that are simply connecting Ashby to their existing Checkr account, Segmentation is required to utilize this integration. To ensure your account is set up to be compatible, click here to contact Checkr Support.
Add Checkr to Ashby
First, enable Checkr from within Ashby. You must have admin access to both Checkr and Ashby to complete this process.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with Ashby.
To create an account for use with Ashby:
- Log into your Ashby account and navigate to Admin in the top nav bar
- Locate and select ‘Assessments’ on the left menu
- Select the ‘+ New Integration’ option and select Checkr as the vendor
- Click Connect to Checkr when prompted
- Enter your name and company contact information, and click Continue. Existing Checkr customers can click "Sign In" under the two option squares.
- Enter payment information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, and not from Ashby. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Provide the requested credentialing information. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks.
Note: Select Purpose: Pre-employment to use Checkr to run background checks for hiring/employment purposes.
- Click Continue to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Ashby and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the Ashby platform.
Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Order Background Checks
Once your Ashby and Checkr accounts are connected, return to a candidate’s page, and click ‘+ New Activity’.
In the window that opens, select options for the check, and click Start the Assessment.
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the Ashby candidate dashboard. Once Complete, click on it to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Ashby integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.