The overall candidate experience is similar to our United States checks. Notable differences include:
1. The candidate email invitation and apply flow may display in an alternate language based on the work location or country chosen by the customer when ordering the report. The dropdown menu in the top-right corner allows candidates to display a different language. Available languages include:
- French/Français (+ Canada dialect)
- Spanish/Español (+ European dialect)
2. Candidates generally must take more steps to consent to a non-US background check than to consent to a US background check. Checkr, and possibly a government agency from the candidate's country of residence or employment, may contact the candidate for additional consent. The turnaround time of the background check often depends on how quickly the candidate responds to these consent requests. A valid national ID is required.
3. There are different portals available to track the progress of a candidate's screening(s) and access their completed report. Which portal they use depends on their location:
- US Candidate Portal: Used when the candidate’s work location is based in the United States
- International Candidate Portal: Used when the candidate’s work location is based in a country other than the US, Philippines, or Singapore
- Philippines/Singapore Candidate Portal: Used when the candidate’s work location is based in the Philippines or Singapore
Candidates can also contact Checkr Candidate Support with any questions about a pending non-US background check or for a copy of the report.