What is the candidate experience for international checks?
The overall candidate experience is similar to our United States domestic checks. Notable differences include:
1. The candidate email invitation and apply flow may display in an alternate language based on the work location chosen by the customer when ordering the report. The candidate will have the option of also viewing in English. Alternate languages displayed to the candidate may include:
- French (+ Canada dialect)
- Spanish (+ European dialect)
2. Candidates generally must take more steps to consent to an international background check than to consent to a domestic US background check. Checkr, and possibly a government agency from the candidate's country of residence or employment, may contact the candidate for additional consent. The turnaround time of the background check often depends on how quickly the candidate responds to these consent requests. A valid national ID is required.
3. There are different portals available to track the progress of their screening(s), and access their completed report. Which portal they use depends on the candidate's work location:
- US Candidate Portal: Used when the candidate’s work location is based in the United States
- International Candidate Portal: Used when the candidate’s work location is based in a country other than the US, Philippines or Singapore
- Other International Candidate Portal: Used when the candidate’s work location is based in the Philippines or Singapore
Candidates can also contact Checkr directly with any questions about a pending international background check or for a copy of the report.
Examples of the candidate apply-flow in several countries are displayed below: