Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Pinpoint integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to Pinpoint, please fill out a support request for additional assistance.
Pinpoint / Checkr User Guide
Pinpoint / Checkr User Guide
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within Pinpoint, such that Pinpoint users can initiate and view Checkr background checks from within the Pinpoint interface.
The following items are required to initiate Pinpoint / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to Pinpoint, with admin rights
Add Checkr to Pinpoint
First, enable Checkr from within Pinpoint. You must have admin access to both Checkr and Pinpoint to complete this process.
Enable Checkr setup
To initiate integration, go to a candidate’s profile. Scroll down to the Background Checks section and click Start Background Check.
Clicking Start Background Check will open a window asking you to Sign Up or Sign In.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Pinpoint.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your billing and credentialing information
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with Pinpoint.
To create an account for use with Pinpoint:
- Click Sign Up when prompted.
- Enter your name and company contact information, and click Continue.
- Enter payment information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, and not from Pinpoint. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Provide the requested credentialing information. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks
Note: Select Purpose: Pre-employment to use Checkr to run background checks for hiring/employment purposes.
- Click Continue to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Pinpoint and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the Pinpoint platform.
Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Order Background Checks
Once your Pinpoint and Checkr accounts are connected, return to a candidate’s page, and click Background Checks.
In the window that opens, click on the dropdown menu icon (top right, see image below) and then select the “Checkr Background Check” option from the dropdown.
From there, the Request Background Check form will appear. Fill out the form accordingly, and select the background check package you want to run on the candidate. Click Submit to initiate the process.
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the Pinpoint candidate dashboard. Once Complete, click on View Report to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Pinpoint integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.