Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Comeet integration process, including how to set up your Checkr account on the Comeet platform, how to use the Checkr dashboard, and how to review background check results.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to Comeet, please fill out a support request for additional assistance.
Comeet / Checkr User Guide
Comeet/ Checkr User Guide
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within Comeet, such that Comeet users can initiate and view Checkr background checks from within the Comeet interface.
The following items are required to initiate Comeet / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to Comeet, with admin rights
Enable Checkr setup
First, enable Checkr from within Comeet. You must have admin access to both Checkr and Comeet to complete this process.
To enable the integration, login to your Comeet dashboard. Navigate to the Settings Panel and go to the Integrations section > find Checkr under the Assessments Tools section:
Select Integrate and click on Step 1: Connect Your Checkr Account
This will prompt you to either Sign Up or Sign In
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign in to connect your current Checkr account to Comeet.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your billing and credentialing information.
Once complete, you will be redirected to the integration pop-up
Select Activate to complete setup once you have received confirmation via email from Checkr that your account is authorized and credentialed.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with Comeet.
To create an account for use with Comeet:
- Click Set Up a Checkr Account when prompted, click Continue
- Provide the requested credentialing information. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks
Note: Select Purpose: Pre-employment to use Checkr to run background checks for hiring/employment purposes.
- Enter payment information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, and not from Comeet. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Click Submit Account to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Comeet and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the Comeet platform.
Credentialing is instantaneous for most accounts; if we cannot verify your information immediately, our team will manually review your account, which typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Order Background Checks
Adding a Checkr Assessment Step in Comeet
Once your Comeet and Checkr accounts are connected, return to the position you are hiring for and create a new workflow step by selecting “+ Add Step” in the Workflow tab
- Edit the step type to > Checkr
- Select which package you would like to run for this position. You can either select a package that you always want to run or the recruiter can select it on a candidate-by-candidate basis.
- Once a candidate reaches the Checkr stage in your hiring workflow, the workflow step should show in the recruiters workflow. You can then select the package and click Start
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the Comeet candidate dashboard. Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Once Complete, click to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. You will either see a "Pass" if nothing came up on the background check or "Review" if something did come up. If the background check returns with a “Pass” result, the workflow is automatically advanced to the next step. In both the “Review” or “Pass” scenario, There is a link to "Review in Checkr" which will take you to that specific background check report in your Checkr dashboard.
In the event of a "Review" status, we recommend going to Checkr to handle the review and adjudication so you can ensure compliance with various EEOC rules. You will see the "Pre-Adverse Action" button in Checkr if something does show up on the background check report which automates that process. After adjudicating in Checkr, reject or advance the candidate by selecting Go or No-go in Comeet
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Comeet integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.