Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / PoliceApp integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to PoliceApp, please reach out to the PoliceApp team for additional assistance.
PoliceApp / Checkr User Guide
PoliceApp / Checkr User Guide
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within PoliceApp, such that PoliceApp users can initiate and view Checkr background checks from within the PoliceApp interface.
The following items are required to initiate PoliceApp / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to PoliceApp, with admin rights
- Admin access to the Checkr Dashboard
Add Checkr to PoliceApp
First, enable Checkr from within PoliceApp. You must have admin access to both Checkr and PoliceApp to complete this process.
Enable Checkr setup
To get started with Checkr, go to your applicant tracking screen. You’ll see the Background Screen phase with “Learn How Checkr can save you time” -- Click here to get started!
On the Pop-Up Window, Click “Get Started With Checkr”
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select “I already have an account” at the bottom to connect your current Checkr account to PoliceApp.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, you’ll be asked to provide info on your business for the purpose of credentialing your account to run background checks. Complete all the fields and click “Save”
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with PoliceApp.
To create an account for use with PoliceApp:
- Simply complete all fields on the Sign Up for Checkr page and click Save
- Click “Ok” on the Pop-Up window after you’ve saved your account information. Once complete, Checkr will verify your business and authorize your account to conduct background checks. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both PoliceApp and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the PoliceApp platform.
Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Enable Phase to Initiate Checkr Invites
When your Checkr account is activated you will need to identify the phase that you would like to initiate the background checks
From your PoliceApp dashboard, click settings next to the position you are working with. From the Manage Page, go to the Hiring Phases and click Edit.
From the Phase Management page, select the phase that you want to initiate. In this example we will use the Background Investigation phase, click Edit:
On the Edit Phase screen, select the box Checkr Enabled
Order Background Checks
Once your Checkr account is synced with PoliceApp you’ll be able to start running background checks from the candidate portal by selecting the candidates you wish to send the Invite to.
Once Selected, open the Candidate actions tab and click Send Checkr Invite
In the window that opens, select options for the check, and click Next.
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the PoliceApp candidate dashboard. Once Complete, click on it to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the PoliceApp integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.