Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / PoliceApp integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to PoliceApp, please reach out to the PoliceApp team for additional assistance.
The following items are required to initiate the PoliceApp / Checkr integration.
- Admin access to Checkr and PoliceApp
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integrating with PoliceApp.
- To get started with Checkr, go to your candidate tracking screen.
- Next to Pre-Background Screen select Learn How Checkr can save you time, then select Get Started With Checkr
- To create an account for use with PoliceApp:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to PoliceApp.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Select Finish Sign Up, which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify bothPoliceApp and you to begin ordering background checks through the PoliceApp platform.
Order Background Checks
To order a background check, you’ll first need to identify the background check phase
- From your PoliceApp dashboard, select settings next to the position you are working with. From the Manage Page, go to the Hiring Phases and select Edit.
- From the Phase Management page, select the phase that you want to initiate, select Edit.
- On the Edit Phase screen, select the box Checkr Enabled.
- Once enabled, open the Candidate actions tab and select Send Checkr Invite
- In the window that opens, select options for the background check package, and select Next.
- The status of the report will be listed in the PoliceApp candidate dashboard. Select the report to review the background check details. For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the PoliceApp integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings