Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Faith Teams integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to Faith Teams, please fill out a support request for additional assistance.
Faith Teams / Checkr User Guide
Faith Teams / Checkr User Guide
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within Faith Teams, such that Faith Teams users can initiate and view Checkr background checks from within the Faith Teams interface.
The following items are required to initiate Faith Teams / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to Faith Teams, role of Administrator
Add Checkr to Faith Teams
First, enable Checkr from within Faith Teams. You must have admin access to both Checkr and Faith Teams to complete this process.
Enable Checkr setup
To initiate integration, go to the Tools & Admin tab in Faith Teams and click on the Connect to Checkr button.
Clicking Connect to Checkr will open a window asking you to Sign Up or Sign In.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Faith Teams.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your billing and credentialing information
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with Faith Teams
To create an account for use with Faith Teams:
- Click Sign Up when prompted.
- Enter your name and company contact information, and click Continue.
- Enter payment information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, and not from Faith Teams. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Provide the requested credentialing information. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks.
Note: Select Purpose: Pre-employment to use Checkr to run background checks for hiring/employment purposes.
- Click Continue to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Faith Teams and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the Faith Teams platform.
Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Order Background Checks
Once your Faith Teams and Checkr accounts are connected, you can add background check packages to different volunteer roles, or run ad-hoc reports on your volunteers.
Background Checks for a Role
You can set up certain Teams to require background checks when a new person joins the team or when someone takes on a new Role within the Team.
- From the Volunteers menu, click Setup Volunteer Teams
- Click on the Team you want to edit and the Role
- Click on Requires a background check, select the background check package and click Save
Once this is setup, anytime a new person is added to this Role, you’ll be prompted to order the required background check.
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be in the Background Check section of the Faith Teams platform. You will be able to see the report status, an ETA of when the report should be done and when complete a status on what was found.
(For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Faith Teams integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.