What’s the difference between DOT and Non-Regulated drug tests?
- Regulated by the Federal Government
- Strict Guidelines (DOT Rule, CFR Part 40 describes required procedures for conducting workplace drug and alcohol testing)
- Urine specimen only – cannot be altered
- DOT lab test (Standard 5 panel expanded for MDMA and 6-AM) – cannot be altered
- Alcohol testing may be required
- Under the DOT, each agency must conduct random drug screening on all employees working in a safety-sensitive position. Checkr does not offer random drug screening solutions natively in our app today, but has network partners you may leverage.
- Not regulated by any federal government agency
- The customer has freedom to customize their drug screening program for any type of screen that suits your policy.
- Variety of specimens (urine, hair, saliva, blood)
- The Customer is able to select their panel
As a reminder, this does not constitute and is not intended to be construed as legal advice. Please consult your legal counsel regarding your compliance obligations and best practices.