I have a candidate who has been trying to fill out a background check, but it keeps ending up with "report suspended." We've sent it twice now and the candidate has not received any emails.
First, confirm the candidate’s email address is accurate. If the candidate's email address is accurate, check to see if the email address has been suppressed. A report may move into a Suspended status if the candidate’s email address has been suppressed and they are not receiving messages to take action on their background check.
Email addresses may be suppressed for one of three reasons:
- An email sent to that address bounced
- The candidate has tagged the email from Checkr as Spam
- The candidate has clicked “unsubscribe” from an email they received
To determine if the email address has been suppressed:
- Open the report within the Checkr dashboard
- Review the email address field
- If a ⚠ warning indicator appears to the right of the email address, the candidate’s email address has been suppressed
- Click on the ⚠ warning indicator to show more information
Click on the Remove button to override suppression of the candidates email and allow future messages to be sent to this email address