I have a candidate who has been trying to fill out a background check, but it keeps ending up with "report suspended." We've sent it twice now and the candidate hasn't received any emails.
Confirm your candidate's email address to determine whether the invitation went to the wrong email address, and then use the steps below:
The invitation went to the wrong email address
If an invitation went to the wrong email address, use the steps below to send a new invitation to the correct email address:
- In the Checkr Dashboard, select the Order background check button.
- Choose a package (required) and work location or program (if applicable).
- Enter your candidate’s email address and click Send Invitations.
The invitation went to the correct email address
If the candidate's email address is accurate, find out whether the email address has been suppressed. A report might have a Suspended status if the candidate’s email address has been suppressed and they aren't receiving messages to take action on their background check.
Email addresses can be suppressed for 3 reasons:
- An email sent to that address bounced.
- The candidate has tagged the email from Checkr as spam.
- The candidate has clicked “unsubscribe” from an email they received.
Use the steps below to determine whether the email address has been suppressed:
- Open the report in the Checkr Dashboard.
- Review the email address field. If a ⚠ warning indicator appears to the right of the email address, the candidate’s email address has been suppressed.
- Click the ⚠ warning indicator to show more information.
- Click the Remove button to override suppression of the candidates email and allow future messages to be sent to this email address.
Also refer to Invitation sent to the wrong email address.