Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / Teamtailor integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The following items are required to initiate Teamtailor / Checkr integration.
- Admin access to Checkr and Teamtailor
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integrating with Teamtailor.
- To initiate integration, go to the Teamtailor Marketplace by selecting the marketplace icon in the upper right corner of your dashboard. Select the Background Checks section, find Checkr, and select Activate.
- Selecting Activate will open a window asking you to Sign In and Connect your Checkr Account.
- To create an account for use with Teamtailor:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Teamtailor.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from Teamtailor. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Select Finish Sign Up, which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Teamtailor and you to begin ordering background checks through the Teamtailor platform.
- You will also need to add custom fields of Social Security Number, Date of Birth, and Zip Code to your candidate profiles inside of Teamtailor. For more information on how to do this, please visit this Teamtailor help article.
Order Background Checks
- To order a background check, return to a job profile.
- Add a Trigger to kick off a background check at your chosen workflow stage.
- Select the default package you would like to run for candidates.
- Select if you’d like to always send them a copy of the background check report.
- Moving candidates through the recruitment funnel will start a background check once a candidate is moved to the designated workflow step.
- Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the Teamtailor candidate profile. Select the report to review the details. For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Teamtailor integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr: