For recruiters ordering background checks for candidates.
Welcome to Checkr!
This guide describes the features, and prerequisites of a Workday/Checkr integration. It also describes how to set up your integration, and initiate, view, and process Checkr background checks from within Workday.
The Checkr integration helps to streamline your background check process by using data already entered in Workday to pre-populate required candidate information. Checkr also helps you remain compliant by providing standardized forms for your candidate experience.
If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to Workday, please contact Workday for additional assistance. If you have questions that are Checkr-related, please contact Checkr Customer Success.
- Workday+Checkr Integration
- Checkr Package(s) in Workday
- Order and Complete a Background Check
- Step 1: Initiate the Background Check
- Step 2: Candidates complete Checkr’s Apply Flow
- Step 3: Review the results in Workday
This integration provides you with a fully integrated background check process from within your Workday setup, allowing you to leverage both Checkr’s and Workday’s feature sets.
As part of the integration, you are also a Checkr customer, which provides you with access to Checkr’s feature set In addition to Checkr’s data within Workday. This feature set includes:
- Checkr Dashboard: The Checkr Dashboard provides easy access to all Checkr functionality, including report ordering and review, user management, billing and invoicing, and candidate tracking.
- Adjudication and Review: Our modern adjudication process can help your company hire more people with fewer hours of manual adjudication, while achieving more consistent and more compliant results.
- Compliance: Our compliance tools combine the power of technology with the confidence of human review, so you can hire faster with less risk.
- Candidate Experience: Checkr offers our customers an end-to-end candidate experience that helps build trust during the background check process and increases conversion. Our Checkr Hosted Apply Flow allows candidates to validate their PII, review all relevant disclosures and authorizations, elect to receive a copy of their completed report, and provide consent to the background check. Our Candidate Portal allows candidates to track the progress of their report, review completed reports, and contact Checkr to dispute any returned information.
Workday+Checkr integration features
Integrating Checkr within your Workday instance allows you to design a seamless background check workflow that best suits your business practices.
- Highly Flexible Screening Workflows: Checkr’s Workday Integration Solution is built using Workday’s Core Connector—Background Check Order Outbound. This connector provides Customers, with options to initiate Checkr Background Check, in their Workday Business Processes and Workflows.
- Fully Integrated Screening Options: This integration supports all Checkr U.S. Domestic and International screenings.
- Automated package synchronization: This integration automatically syncs Checkr Packages to Workday every hour, providing consistently up-to-date background check package options.
- Continuous status updates: Checkr’s invitation, report, and screening statuses are continually refreshed in Workday. Checkr ETA is also updated in Workday while the report is In Progress.
- Nodes Mapping Support: This Integration maps Workday Fields (Job Requisition, Job Locations and Supervisory Organization) in to Checkr’s Nodes, allowing Checkr to include customer’s business hierarchy in their background screening process.
The Checkr integration can be set up in any Workday business process to run background checks on Candidates or Workers. It can also be invoked ad-hoc from a person profile.
The Checkr integration uses the Core Connector—Background Check Order Outbound connector to receive background check request data from the Workday tenant. The integration writes background check results back to the Workday tenant using Workday APIs.
Please note: This Workday - Checkr Integration does not yet support Checkr Assess.
The following items are required to initiate Workday/Checkr integration:
- Checkr account: Configured and authorized for production orders.
- Workday/Checkr integration enabled: Background Check integration configured for the Checkr account.
- Workday Business Process configured to initiate the background check: Define the location of your background check initiation within the Workday Human Capital Management. For example: Recruiting, Onboarding, or Talent Management.
- Core Connector: Background Check Order Outbound: Configured to enable both the Background Check Outbound Initial Service and the Background Check Outbound Service.
- Business Process Definition: Created and configured appropriately.
- Integration System User: Properly configured for Get and Put access to the correct domains.
Work with your Checkr Customer Account Manager to access the Workday+Checkr tenant setup guide and properly configure your Workday tenant.
Checkr Package(s) in Workday
The Checkr integration syncs packages from Checkr to Workday. This process is a one way sync, from Checkr to Workday. Checkr will not change any non-Checkr packages in your Workday implementation.
This process is automatic and runs every hour. We do not expect customers to use Workday to manage their background check packages.
- When a package is created on Checkr, it is automatically created on Workday.
- When a package is updated on Checkr, it is updated on Workday.
- When a package is deleted on Checkr, it is deactivated on Workday. The package is not deleted, simply deactivated.
Order and Complete a Background Check
Step 1: Initiate the Background Check from your BGC business process.
Workday supports multiple workflows, allowing you to initiate your Background Checks from several different modules in Workday.
For example, if background checks are a step in your hiring process, you may include the background check business process in an existing or new recruiting business process. All Workday approvals related to the business process will trigger based on your approval chain.
From your workflow, initiate a Background Check. (Depending on your Workday business process configuration, some workflows may prompt you to select a Checkr Package when creating the order. Others may have the appropriate Package pre-assigned to the role-specific background check order.)
Once initiated, Workday’s candidate data will be used to generate invitations to your candidates to participate in their background check process, using their email address from your Workday data.
Step 2: Candidates complete Checkr’s Apply Flow
Invitations are issued through Checkr’s Apply Flow, which provides a Checkr-hosted candidate experience. For more information about how the Apply Flow works, please see Checkr-Hosted Apply Flow In the Checkr Help Center.
Checkr will automatically pre-populate the following candidate Personally Identifiable Information (PII), based on your Workday dataset.
- Email address
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Zip Code
- Cell Phone Number (or Home Phone Number if Cell Phone Number is blank)
The Checkr Apply Flow provides the following features:
- A co-branded email to a unique link for the candidate with the candidate’s information pre-filled from Workday.
- A click-through workflow which collects all candidate PII required for your selected package.
- Presentation of your FCRA-required disclosures and authorization forms for the candidate to read and acknowledge, helping you remain compliant with FCRA rules.
- Presentation of “A Summary of Your Rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act” for the candidate.
- An option for the candidate to receive a copy of their background report.
Upon invitation completion, the Apply Flow also provides a link to Checkr’s Candidate Portal, in which candidates may check for status updates and connect with the Checkr Candidate Support team.
Step 3: Review the results in Workday
Checkr invitation, screening, and report status will be displayed within Workday according to your integration’s configuration of your business process.
As the invitation and screenings progress and update, Checkr will update the statuses in Workday.
For more information on interpreting and working with reports, please see the Checkr Dashboard User Guide in the Checkr Help Center.