Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / EPAY Systems integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to EPAY Systems, please contact support@EPAYsystems.com for additional assistance.
EPAY Systems / Checkr User Guide
This guide describes how to set up Checkr to use within EPAY Systems, such that EPAY Systems users can initiate, view, and process Checkr background checks from within the EPAY Systems interface.
The following items are required to initiate EPAY Systems / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to EPAY Systems ATS module, with admin rights. EPAY systems must also turn on the ability to integrate Checkr into your account which can take up to 10 business days turnaround. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to enable this prior to attempting to connect or sign-up for Checkr.
Add Checkr to EPAY Systems
First, enable Checkr from within EPAY Systems. You must have admin access to both Checkr and EPAY Systems to complete this process.
Enable Checkr setup
To initiate integration, click Account Detail and find Checkr’s integration listing.
Next, click Checkr.
Next, a window will populate asking you to Sign Up or Sign In.
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to EPAY Systems.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your billing and credentialing information.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with EPAY Systems.
To create an account for use with EPAY Systems:
- Click Sign Up when prompted.
- Enter your name and company contact information, and click Continue.
- Enter payment information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, and not from EPAY Systems. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Provide the requested credentialing information. This information is required by law to ensure that only legitimate companies, with legitimate business needs, can run background checks.
- Note: Select Purpose: Pre-employment to use Checkr to run background checks for hiring/employment purposes.
Click Continue to submit your information to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both EPAY Systems and you, and you may begin ordering background checks through the EPAY Systems platform.
Credentialing typically takes 1-2 business days. If Checkr needs additional information, they will reach out to you directly by email.
Order Background Checks
Once your EPAY Systems and Checkr accounts are connected, visit the job listings page.
To order a background check,
- Click select action next to the candidate’s name
- Click Request Background Check
- Select a Package
- Next, click Request Background Check
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the EPAY Systems notes tab of the candidate’s record and in the messages section on the homepage/dashboard. Once Complete, click on view report to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the EPAY Systems integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Create customizable packages and add-ons
- Checkr settings
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.