Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / LinkedIn Talent Hub integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
The Checkr Help Center is a great resource for any questions that may not be covered in this user guide. If you have any questions not covered in this guide that are specific to LinkedIn Talent Hub, please use this web form for additional assistance.
- Add Checkr to LinkedIn Talent Hub
- Enable Checkr setup
- Create a Checkr account
- Order Background Checks
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
The following items are required to initiate LinkedIn Talent Hub / Checkr integration. Please ensure you have the following before proceeding.
- Access to LinkedIn Talent Hub, with admin rights
Add Checkr to LinkedIn Talent Hub
First, enable Checkr from within LinkedIn Talent Hub. You must have admin access to both Checkr and LinkedIn Talent Hub to complete this process.
Enable Checkr setup
To initiate integration, click the Person Icon then Product Settings.
Next, click Integrations.
Clicking Authorize next to Checkr’s logo will populate a window asking if you are positive you want to Authorize the Checkr integration, click Authorize.
Create a Checkr account
If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integration with LinkedIn Talent Hub.
To create an account for use with LinkedIn Talent Hub:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to LinkedIn Talent Hub.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from LinkedIn Talent Hub. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Click Next which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both LinkedIn Talent Hub and you to begin ordering background checks through the LinkedIn Talent Hub platform.
Order Background Checks
Once your LinkedIn Talent Hub and Checkr accounts are connected, click Projects > Associated Project > Pipeline.
To order a background check,
- Click the name of the candidate
- Click the three dots
- Click Run Background Check
- Select a Package
- Next, click Start Check
Once the background check has been ordered, the status of the report will be listed in the LinkedIn Talent Hub candidate dashboard. Once Complete, click on background check to open the report in the Checkr Dashboard, and review details. (For more information on reports and report statuses, see How do I interpret a background report in the Checkr Help Center.)
Most background checks will be completed within 24 hours, but the time to complete can range from a few minutes to a few weeks, depending on the type of check ordered, the geographic location of the candidate, and/or county courthouse operations.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the LinkedIn Talent Hub integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Create customizable packages and add-ons
- New and existing user management
For a quick overview of the Checkr Dashboard, please see Getting started with Checkr.