Use the Adverse Actions page to search for candidates involved in the adverse action process. Candidates can be at any stage in the process:
- Received a pre-adverse action notice
- Filed a dispute
- Received a post-adverse action notice
Search for candidates
To search for candidates, take an action below on the Candidates page:
- Enter a keyword.
- Select a status.
- Enter a timeframe during which the adverse action was in process.
You can apply a combination of filters to your search.
For accounts with Account Hierarchy enabled, compliance geos determine the default waiting period between pre-adverse action and post-adverse action notices.
All reports in the dashboard include the dates the candidate received the pre-adverse action notice or will receive the post-adverse action notice.
To manage the adverse action process, open the candidate's report.
Status filters include the ones below:
- Pending: The candidate received the pre-adverse action notice for a motor vehicle records (MVR) screening. The post-adverse action notice awaits your approval. After the required waiting period passes, you can send the pending post-adverse action notice.
- This status applies only for MVR screenings. All other screenings show candidates awaiting post-adverse action notices with the Scheduled status, not Pending.
- Scheduled: The candidate received the pre-adverse action notice, and you scheduled delivery of the post-adverse action after the required waiting period. The candidate automatically receives the post-adverse action notice on the scheduled date unless a situation below applies:
- The candidate disputes information in the report.
- You or Checkr cancels the adverse action process.
- Complete: The candidate received the post-adverse action notice, completing the process.
- Dispute: The candidate filed a dispute, and Checkr has started a reinvestigation. Disputes that happen during the adverse action process have two effects:
- The scheduled notice automatically cancels.
- The dispute prevents you from taking action during the 30-day reinvestigation timeframe.
- Canceled: Either you or Checkr canceled the adverse action process.
- Undeliverable: The pre-adverse action email was undeliverable. Reports with this status require your manual intervention.
- All: List all candidates involved in the adverse action process, even those who completed the process.