|Please note: These Account Hierarchy User Guides are for our customers who have Account Hierarchy Management enabled. If your account is not yet using this feature, please refer to our Checkr Dashboard User Guides.|
The Home page allows you to review and manage your Packages. Use this page to:
- Review your Packages and the Screenings they include
- Assign Nodes to Packages
- Toggle between the Live and Test environments
The Home page lists your available Packages and the Screenings they include. Each Package listed shows the Screenings included within it.
Screenings: Screenings are the different types of background checks that Checkr performs. Select only Screenings that are meaningful to your organization and the specific position(s) you are trying to fill. For example, before you select a Motor Vehicle Report check, check to ensure the types of information returned will help you make informed decisions.
For more information, see the Screening Types section of the Checkr Help Center.
Packages: Packages are groups of Screenings that enable you to evaluate pools of candidates using different criteria. A Package (or group of Screenings) should be driven by the specific duties of the position. For example, you may want to include Motor Vehicle Report checks for all new hires, but employment verifications only for certain hires.
Packages also define the number of aliases generated from the SSN Trace that will be used for subsequent Checks. Work with your Checkr Customer Success manager to determine the number of candidate aliases you wish to use.
For more information, see Which checks are included in my background check package?
Use this page to review your Packages, and manage the nodes assigned to those Packages.
Note: The Home page is visible only to users with the required permissions. Work with your Admin to gain access to this page.
Assign Nodes to Packages
With Account Hierarchy, Packages are account-level objects and can have any number of Nodes assigned to them. Use this feature to standardize and streamline the Packages used across your organization.
Note: Child Nodes inherit Packages from their parent and aggregate them with any Packages added to themselves.
Click Assign Nodes for a selected Package to open a window listing any Nodes currently assigned to the Package.
Use this window to assign new Nodes to, or remove Nodes from the selected Package.
- Use the options available to list the nodes you would like to assign to or unassign from your Package.
- Filter by Node List: Lists Node tiers as defined in your Account Hierarchy.
- Search Node List: Allows you to search all nodes by name.
- Show all nodes: Lists all Nodes for the selected filters.
- Show only selected nodes: Lists all Nodes currently assigned to the Package.
- Show only unassigned nodes: Lists only Nodes returned by the selected filter which are not assigned to the Package.
- Select the Nodes you wish to assign to the Package.
- Checkr will list the Nodes assigned and unassigned to the Package, and ask you to confirm your selection.
- Click Yes to confirm and save your changes.
Live and Test environments
You may use this and all other landing pages in the Checkr Dashboard to switch between your Live and Test environments. Use the Live / Test buttons in the upper left corner of the page to toggle between them.
Checkr provides two environments for each new account: Live, and Test
The Test environment is provided to test API integrations. It is not designed for use by Dashboard-only customers, and will not provide test data for any actions originating within it.
If you are using the Checkr API in addition to the Dashboard, Please see Using the Test environment in our API documentation for more information on working with test accounts.
For more information, see Set up your Account in the Getting Started section of the Help Center.