Welcome to Checkr!
This guide will walk you through the Checkr / NEOGOV integration process, and outline how to use the Checkr dashboard for the background check process.
- Before starting
- Create a Checkr account
- Order a Background Check
- Review a Background Check
- Use the Checkr Dashboard
The following items are required to initiate the NEOGOV / Checkr integration:
- Admin access to Checkr
- Permissions to initiate background checks for the candidate in Neogov’s Online Hiring Center (OHC)
Create a Checkr account
- To get started, log in to Neogov and go to the Integrations section
- Select Connect to Checkr.
- If your company does not yet have a Checkr account, one must be created before integrating with Neogov.
- To create an account for use with Neogov:
- If you are already a Checkr customer, select Sign In to connect your current Checkr account to Neogov.
- If you are not a current Checkr customer, fill out the needed fields, select Sign Up to create a Checkr account, and add your company information.
- Next, enter payment information - credit card or bank information. Invoices for background checks will come directly from Checkr, not from Neogov. (Payment information may be edited on the Checkr dashboard after the account has been created.)
- Select Finish Sign Up which will submit the account to Checkr for review. Once the credentialing process is complete, Checkr will notify both Neogov and you to begin ordering background checks through the Neogov platform.
Order a Background Check
- On the candidate’s page inside of OHC, select Hire Workflow.
- Next select Add Step.
- Select Background Check in the step type drop down menu
- Select the Background Check and then Save & Close
- The background check status will be added to the requisition.
- To order a background check, select the checkbox next to the candidate’s name
- Select Initiate Background Check under Actions.
- After a background check is ordered, candidates receive an email to provide their information for the background check report.
- The background check status will update within Neogov as the background check completes.
Review a Background Check
Select the Background Check status to review the results.
Use the Checkr Dashboard
While the Neogov integration allows users to order background checks and view their status, the following features are available only within Checkr:
- Background check invitation links
- Full background check report results
- Adverse Action initiation and processing tools
- Checkr settings